Dr Karmeli edmonton

Jenn_1981
on 3/27/16 7:04 pm

Hi everyone, 

Is anyone going to Edmonton in the near future for surgery consult with Dr. Karmeli or has had a consult with him lately? I have my surgery consult in June. Any info passed my way would be greatly appreciated ?

Jaq
on 3/30/16 9:06 am

I had my surgery consult in January.  He brings others who are also there for a consult.  Then after you hear about the 3 surgeries again,  you have a one on one.  I am torn between the RNY or VSG.  He wouldn't give me his opinion.  He said both are good surgeries.   When I questioned him further, he said it is my decision because Alberta is one of the few provinces who gives the patient a choice and both are strong surgeries.  I asked if he bypasses the pylori sphincter he said no.  So, I am scheduled for a gastroscopy in May and he will look at my stomach and we will go from there.  So, I am no closer to knowing which surgery I want.  Since I have only 80 pounds to lose and he did the first sleeve in Canada, I am leaning towards the sleeve.  Hope this helps.  I am having the first of my pre surgery classes on April 8th.  I  know the first class is 2 hours.  

Also, as of January,  he said the wait was about a year.

Jaq

Most Active