New Here!

CatherineMD
on 8/23/16 9:51 am

Hi,

Thanks so much for all the information.  I have already started tracking my food and my steps.  I have also attended the craving change program here in Yellowknife.  Can you tell which other classes you had to take for the weight wise program?

Tempestt
on 8/24/16 11:38 am
VSG on 09/07/16

I took a Bariatric Surgery Class last August, and in June 

Preparing for Bariatric Surgery Part 1, this week Preparing for Bariatric Surgery Part 2, next week: Maintaining the Change.  When I took the Weight Wise modules, I believe there was 10.  I swa able to take them locally.  They are listed here, but with other classes you don't have to take: http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/assets/programs/ps-cdm-c lass-descrip.pdf 

You may be able to access them through Telehealth - where they would basically teleconference them to you.

Novella
on 9/3/16 11:25 am

Hello Catherine! Congratulations on your life-changing decision. I'm from Calgary and started with assessment sept 2015. I attended all the classes required and did a lot of online work wise. Met with nutritionist, dietician, rn's and psychologists. After our group completed the mandatory attendance for 3 of the orientation classes, the program offered these classes online! I do have co-morbities but I wouldn't say that I was fastracked. I was called to set a surgery date on June 14/16 and could have chosen a date 3 weeks from then but decided to wait until September 16th. So, for me, the time was less than a year. I was already tracking my food and exercise on fitness pal. The dietician had access to this and I saw her 4 times. The Calgary program increased its staff in Jan 16 and from what I understand, the rn's, dieticians are swamped. I don't know how many surgeons in Calgary perform WL surgeries but there were a lot of dates I could have chosen from.  Good luck with your journey!

49yr Woman » |5'5"| HW 244 | CW 158 | GW 145 | SD 09/16

Pre-op-20lb M1-25lb M2-10 M3-6lb M4-7lb M5-7lb M6-3lb M7-2lb M8-2lb M9-3lb

Most Active