Anyone from Calgary actually have surgery???

Geminidawn
on 8/24/16 11:51 am

Hi. I'm curious if there is anyone out there from Calgary that actually had surgery?  I am trying to have a revision done from a failed surgery I had in 2000 but I can't seem to find anyone who's actually had surgery and is from Calgary.   Thanks

Novella
on 9/3/16 11:06 am

Hi! I'm scheduled for Rny September 16th (Calgary).

49yr Woman » |5'5"| HW 244 | CW 158 | GW 145 | SD 09/16

Pre-op-20lb M1-25lb M2-10 M3-6lb M4-7lb M5-7lb M6-3lb M7-2lb M8-2lb M9-3lb

Out_Going_One
on 9/9/16 4:15 pm - Calgary, Canada

Hi, I had my sleeve surgery January 7/16 with Dr. Debru.  I was with the WL clinic in Calgary and love the clinic.  I have learned a lot.  You would need to get a referral from your family dr. and then the clinic would have to look into you issues.  Some have had revision and had to be sent to Edmonton for the revision.  In Calgary we have 4 surgeons.  Hope this helps

Sleeved by Dr.Debru at Peter Lougheed Hospital, Calgary, AB on January 7, 2016

HW 283 SW 271.5 CW 222  GW 180

ssmissy3
on 12/22/16 7:29 am

Hi there! 

I have been going through the WL clinic in Calgary since April. I have a consultation appt booked with Dr Debru on January 9. I see you had surgery with him so I thought I would reach out to you. I am a little apprehensive about the surgery and wondered if you could tell me a little about your experience with Dr Debru and the PLH?

Out_Going_One
on 12/22/16 8:15 pm - Calgary, Canada

I love Dr. Debru.  Great bedside manner and a great surgeon.  I had the sleeve on January 7/16 with no complications.  The PLC was awesome other than they forgot to feed me my first lunch after I passed the leak test.

I was apprehensive about the surgery and I am soooo glad I did it.  I have lost a total of 78 lbs since my highest and 68 lbs since surgery.  It is not an easy walk in the park.  You still have to use your tools that you have learned from the clinic and also learning what your body enjoys.  I find it hard to handle raw veggies.  I have recently had issues with salmon.  I has salmon at the Cattle Baron in Shawnessy for my Hubby's xmas dinner and I think it had too much garlic sauce, but other than that, I love that I can wear an XL top in a regular sized store and a 14 in pants.  I was a 3X in Penningtons and a 20 pant.

I have a friend who is going to have surgery with Dr. Gill but doing the Bypass as she wants to loose more weight and keep it off.  I was not able to have the bypass as I already have dumping issues when I eat beef and Dr. Debru put his hands in the air and said...NOPE, sleeve it is.  LOL  he said I would have that issue with everything I ate.  LOL

So I hope this answered your questions and I did message you regarding being added to the FB group.

Thanks

Cindy

ssmissy3
on 12/22/16 9:34 pm

Thanks for your reply! I am wanting to do bypass surgery because I am diabetic. I do get dumping on occasion but I think this is more from the metformin I am on than anything else. I have had my gallbladder out mind you and find that anything greasy goes right through me. He may decide that I am only a good candidate for sleeve. 

Out_Going_One
on 12/22/16 10:06 pm - Calgary, Canada

I feel that he is very well educated and will let you know what is best.  Let him know your current issues and he will let you know or research what he feels is best.

I added you to our awesome FB group!!!

Thanks for your interest.

Cindy

Agran
on 7/11/17 9:54 pm

Hi Cindy

congratulations on your surgery, you are doing amazing. I am one week out from sleeve. I was wondering if you were weak after your surgery and how long it took you to recover. I am in calgary to but had my surgery private out of province. Thanks for your help.

Out_Going_One
on 7/13/17 3:02 pm - Calgary, Canada

Yes, week and tired. Remember you had major surgery and probably not taking in enough proteins for healing and energy. I started off by drinking the premium protein from Costco and had one a day as they are 30 grams of protein. also drink your water slowly sip by sip.

Agran
on 7/13/17 3:49 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. It is good to know this is "normal". I have been told only to drink a certain kind of protein that I need to mix into my own shakes. Still a few more days to go before the purée stage.

When did you have your surgery?

Most Active