Are there any spouses out there?

THinAB
on 12/19/05 7:34 am - Canada
I am looking for a spouse of anyone who has had Lapraocopic gastric bypass surgery. My husband is having his surgery in March of 2006. I have done a lot of research regarding the surgery, however, I have a few questions about "Life After.."? If there is anyone out there, please respond.
Woz
on 12/19/05 8:09 am - Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
Hi Teresa I also am in Fort Sask! Its a small world isnt it! Im not a spouse of a GBS patient to be but i am going to be the patient. Im not too sure about the life after deal yet since i have yet to go through it myself. I do know several people that have had it and i know there are many changes to be expected. Just out of curiosity.. who is doing your husbands surgery and how long did it take to get a surgery date? My Family Dr here in the Fort is writing a refferal letter for me to have this done. I have several serious co morbidtalities so im wondering if this will help get me up the list faster Along with being seriously obese i also suffer from sleep apnea, astherma,borderline diabetes,hardened arteries and bad circulation and a serious high BMI Drop me a post when you get a chance Pam
THinAB
on 12/19/05 12:08 pm - Canada
Man, is it ever a small world!? Thank you for replying to me! You are right, there are many changes to go through. We have a very close friend that has gone through this about a year ago. (she is doing GREAT!!) Although, I figure whatever the changes, will we face them together! My husband is actually not having his surgery in Canada. He is going to Argentina. There was a 18-24 month waiting period to just get into the DR and then another 2-3 year waiting period for the surgery. He decided he did not want to wait the possible 4 years that it would take. I do know though, that if you do have serious health conditions, you are put higher on the list. SO, I am not sure how long it would take for you.?? Thanks again and maybe will can chat again! Wishing you a Merry Christmas, Teresa
canadaguy
on 12/20/05 3:43 am - Edmonton, Canada
Hey Teresa, I'm from Edmonton and had the procedure done Lap. I"m only a few months post opp but doing great. If i can help you in any way feel free to ask or email me. Will 454/396/??
Carolyn W.
on 3/18/06 8:18 am - Edmonton, Canada
Hey Teresa - just wondering if your husband has had his surgery yet and how he is doing. I'm having surgery in Apr here in Edmonton. If there's anything I can do let me know. Carolyn "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Most Active