April 11th is my Date

Carolyn W.
on 3/18/06 5:16 am - Edmonton, Canada
I'm so excited that I have a date - I can hardly wait. It's been over 2 years since my initial referral and many more since I originally started thinking about this surgery. I never knew anything about how Alberta Health Care would cover so I kind of gave up but then one day started to look into things again. I will be having a laparscopic RNY done at the Royal Alex in Edmonton on April 11/06 by Dr. Birch or Dr. Davey or both (not sure at the moment). I've only met Dr. Birch. It is so good that there are boards like this where people can get information and share their stories. I look forward to sharing my story with all of you and look forward to reading all your stories as well. If anyone has any questions, I would be more than happy to share what I know. Carolyn "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." - Eleanor Roosevelt
motorhomemama
on 7/2/06 12:16 pm - Okotoks, Canada
Hope things are going very well for you. I am just begininning to seriously look into lap-banding ...guess I have along road to go. Did Alberta Health Care fund your procedure? Thnaks Edith from Okotoks
motorhomemama
on 7/2/06 12:25 pm - Okotoks, Canada
HI Did you mention a support group in Edmonton that is having DR. Birch as a speaker in July...Any more Details, e.G> TIME , PLACE. DATE? Thanks, Edith in Okotoks
Preeti
on 7/18/06 4:54 am - Regina, Canada
I am very happy for you and please let me know how the surgery went and how you are feeling. I have my first consultation with my family doctor on Aug 4th and can you please forward me the contact informtion for: Dr. Davey and Dr. Birch at Royal Alex in Edmonton, Alberta. Thanks
Most Active