The Sleeve

akjustagirl
on 7/21/11 1:21 pm
RNY on 04/09/12
I am just getting started and am interested in the sleeve.  Has anyone in the area had this procedure?  If so, which surgeon did you use?  It doesn't seem like we have a huge selection and I would like to know if anyone would recommend flying outside to have the surgery?

Thanks!
Gina
jennak88
on 7/22/11 11:42 pm - Anchorage, AK
I am getting the gastric sleeve out of state. I am using Dr. Alan Wittgrove, I am supposed to have surgery in either October or November 2011.

bmellag
on 9/18/11 12:17 pm

i am seriously considering flying to mexico and having the surgery done by dr alvarez.  due to insurance probably not covering this procedue because it's "so new".  but i definately am partial to have the sleeve over the lapbad or gastic bypass.  good luck in your journey!   

Alaskasnowflake
on 12/30/11 8:55 am - Juneau, AK
Hello... does your insurance not pay for this..I am flying to mexicali in november.. they said it would cost $8, close to 9 thousand..I am having the sleeve done, I have a firend who the gastic bypass didnt work so good for her and she is headed to Seattle again next month for surgery Number 2
Katydidm
on 12/9/11 8:11 am - AK
I had my Gastric Sleeve done in San Antonio, Texas 12-14-2010 by Dr. Rajajoshawalla. In January 2010 I was at 300lb, Day of surgery 219 (5 ft tall) and today I'm at 125 lb. It did run with hospital about $40,000.00. I can say this has worked for me other than developing a body image issue with all my loose skin..think I should keep the skin as a reminder.
Most Active