Newbie Question

Vickie G.
on 5/11/08 9:41 pm - AL
I would like to know what the process is when you go for your first doctors visit?
Iris Shimmer
on 5/11/08 10:12 pm
Are you talking surgeon? Or PCP? Each surgeon has a different protocol for initial consults. The best thing is to call your surgeon's office and ask. Sorry I am not more help!!

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

Carmen G.
on 5/11/08 10:28 pm - Lincoln, AL
I had to attend a conference-type visit at first with about 20 others.   Then they tried to get me approved.  Later I saw Dr. Freeman and then the nutritionist and the pyschologist.  Like Renee said, it is up to each surgeon.  I know a couple who do nothing more than get you approved and do the surgery and that's that.  Thank goodness my surgeon is a follow-up kind of guy
Vickie G.
on 5/11/08 10:43 pm - AL
I am on Medicare due to disabilty, I was told by Doc. Miles at the seminar that I was already pre-approved for my surgery. I already have sleep apnea w/ cpap. Thanks for the info!
(deactivated member)
on 5/11/08 11:10 pm
My first visit was really like a consulation. I had to fill out paper work and then saw a nurse who took down all kinds of information. They took my picture that visit. When I finally met with the doctor I had a ton of questions ready to ask but he was already ahead of me on that. I was approved shortly after all the paperwork went in. I had my surgery so long ago that I didn't have to go through months of charting my diet, no psychological testing (which I wish I had done) and really all I did was fill out the paper work and wait. It took about 2 weeks to get approved and get a date. It all happened so fast for me!!!

DebbieDoo
Most Active