Need A Little Prayer Today Myself

Iris Shimmer
on 5/12/08 10:12 pm
Yesterday I got a little bad news. The arthritis I have is "spreading" so to speak. I got up with my right hand aching like mad. I went back to the orthopedic doc and he did some x rays. The joints in my fingers are swollen and puffy. I am doing 3 weeks of prednisone then I don't know what will happen.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

Michele Luv
on 5/12/08 10:17 pm - Birmingham, AL
You are in my prayers my friend. Have a Wonderful BLESSED painfree day!! Love Ya, MicheleLuv

FOR REUNION INFO.. use the link below!!
ObesityHelp Certified Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/MicheleLuv/messageboard/

jujujudy
on 5/12/08 10:17 pm - Russellville, AL
Oh Renee,my heart goes out to you,,you get to a good rhumatologist if you dont have one already..they have meds that help slow this stuff down to where you can tolirate it..Bless you,may i suggest going to see one of the following Hun,Phillips(mine) or Surgie there in Huntsville.they seem to be a good team..Good Luck! Juju
Vickie G.
on 5/12/08 10:21 pm - AL
I hope thinks get better for you, My mom has this prayer chain that is worldwide. I called her and put you on it.                          In My Thoughts
(deactivated member)
on 5/12/08 10:26 pm - Midland City, AL
Renee Take it from one that has rheumatoid arthritis.  Do NOT stay on prednisone.  Go immediately to a good rheumatologist and get started on another form of treatment.  It can and will save your hands.  Mine started in my hands.  With EARLY and aggressive treatment the damage was slowed.   Prednisone will cause WEIGHT GAIN, moon face and hair loss!!!!  Hang in there. Better days are coming
jujujudy
on 5/12/08 10:51 pm - Russellville, AL
AMEN,WELL SAID TELL IT LIKE IT IS..GIT TO A GOOD DOCTOR , NOW DONT WALK,RUN..WE KMOW WHAT WE TALKING ABOUT....JUJU
Iris Shimmer
on 5/12/08 10:55 pm
I have to get bloodwork done to see what form of arthritis I have. Osteo or Rheumatoid. The ortho did say I would probably have to see a rheumatologist. The prednisone is only for a short time. I hate this because the pain affects my ability to work every day. Hopefully the rehab guys will be able to help.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

jujujudy
on 5/12/08 11:11 pm - Russellville, AL
Renee, I thought you decied to be a stay home Mom?? what kind of work you doing??rehab,made mine worse..when you go to a rhumatologist he/she will give you something to slow this down..Juju
Iris Shimmer
on 5/12/08 11:46 pm
JUJU.. I can't stay home long. I am hostessing at a restaraunt right now. We really need my income to help pay off some bills before K goes to college. The rehab is actually retraining..not physical rehab. The problem is in using my hands to do my job. This is just another step..

jujujudy
on 5/13/08 12:50 am - Russellville, AL
Renee,I hope it works for you.there is help out there go get it..Juju
                                                     RollTide-1.gif picture by firefly58
Most Active