I Just Gotta Say This

Iris Shimmer
on 5/13/08 11:47 am
With all this talk about love and weddings on here... I read Elle's post about the wedding and Petals reply. So..tonight while watching American Idol my 17 year old was laying on my bed. I just fell apart when David Cook sang " The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" I totally lost it. I held that boy and cried like a baby. K and I share a very special bond. I love all my boys..but am closest to him. Some of you know his story. I am working hard to build that same closesness with Bird..but he has a hard time letting anyone in. Anyhow, that song just said everything I feel as a mother to all of my boys.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/08 12:12 pm - Midland City, AL
Renee, I can relate to a child that will not "let you in".  My youngest grandson is a special needs child.  He is not handicapped or mentally deficient in any way.  He does have a motor dysfunction that caused him to have a speech problem.  He is extremely brilliant and that causes the problem.  He doesn't want to be touched, held or "bothered".   I want to love on him like I do the others but he doesn't respond to me. It breaks my heart.  He responds to his Daddy and his Granddaddy. Sunday, my cell phone rang and it was my little angel.  He told me Happy Grandma's day.  I jumped for joy.   Don't give up on Bird.  You will make it!
Iris Shimmer
on 5/13/08 12:47 pm
Thanks Gwen. I try so hard with him. He doesn't mind touching and hugging..but it has to be on his terms only. There is nothing wrong with my Bird..but he is an angry child. He is hurting inside ( most probably because he is heavy) but he isn't ready to talk about it. I try to get him to walk with me..to play games, etc..but he won't. I pray for him all the time. I do know he loves me intensly..and he felt hurt that K bought me a mother's day gift and he didn't have money to. I tried to make him understand it wasn't the monetary value of a gift. He feels left out at times I guess. Anyhow..I will just keep trying with him.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/08 12:54 pm - Midland City, AL
The best gifts a Mother receives can't be bought with money   Let him know that time alone with him means more to you than all the store bought gifts in the world
Elle Felts
on 5/13/08 12:58 pm - TUSCALOOSA, AL

HIJACK:  Gwen, what are you doing up so late?????  I can't believe I'M still up, but we just got in from the grocery store.  That WASN'T  a pleasant experience.  Man, how groceries have gone up.  What in the world are we supposed to do???  And GAS?  OUTRAGEOUS!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/08 1:07 pm - Midland City, AL
Waiting on Bob to get out of the shower so I can get in.  Then it is bedtime for BONZO.  Are you by chance going to MoOntgomery on Saturday?????
Elle Felts
on 5/13/08 12:47 pm - TUSCALOOSA, AL

Renee, you're making me cry all over again.

Randall Culpepper
on 5/13/08 1:07 pm - Guntersville, AL

WOW!  What a great post!  Bonding with your child/children is such an awesome thing isn't it?  God bless you and both your boys my friend!  I sure hate I missed AI tonight.  

For every Goliath, there is a Stone! His name is Jesus!"
       coffeefirst.jpg image by jrcpepper

Carmen G.
on 5/13/08 10:44 pm - Lincoln, AL
Oh Wow Renee, I was also about to cry when he sang "I don't want to miss a thing".  I use to sing that to Geni when she was having so much trouble several years ago.  She was away for a while and when she would come home for the weekend, that song was popular and I would hold her and sing it to her.  That is still 'OUR" song to this day. 
S. M.
on 5/14/08 8:44 am - In The Country, AL
I have one of those boys too.  Tee is unemotional and acts as if he could careless about me or anyone.  But I know in his heart he loves me.  Something happened a few years back and the wrong thing was said to me by another person and he flew off the handle.....our wonderful Nanci can vouch for that one.  He seems to be so "hard/cold" but I have seen him cry his eyes out bcuz of how I was treated!
~ Susan 
Most Active