Father's Day

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/08 8:57 pm - Daleville, AL

I am in charge of the Father's Day service and our men did an amazing job for Mother's Day.

I have a few idea's in mind...but...I am looking for some ideas as far as gifts for our men.  Music, skits....in fact anything helpful.  So if there is something that stands out in your mind as far as a Father's day program please share.

Thank you,

Lisa

happy girl
on 5/13/08 9:06 pm - Pensacola, FL
 What an awesome responsibility Lisa!  I will be thinking.  In MY humble opinion, we as a nation do NOT honor our fathers, daddys , grandfathers, etc. as we should.  They are SO IMPORTANT in our lives! 

Randall Culpepper
on 5/13/08 9:53 pm - Guntersville, AL
Lisa,  WOW!  That's awesome that you are in charge!  I know God is going to INSPIRE you to do just teh right thing for all the Dad's and men in your church.  Our church has a site that we order father's and mother's day gifts.  when I get to the church, I will send you the link.  They have some WONDERFUL things that are AFFORDABLE!  Loveya my friend!
For every Goliath, there is a Stone! His name is Jesus!"
       coffeefirst.jpg image by jrcpepper

Vickie G.
on 5/13/08 10:00 pm - AL
Hey I found this poem for Ya maybe you could get One of the Children to read it?

THANK YOU, DAD Thank you Dad, for giving us a very special gift. Its the most important gift of all, That only love can give. You read us the Bible at bedtime and taught us how to pray. You made sure we made it to church every Sunday.

And even though we acted like we didn't hear a thing, When I'm in church today, I hear an old familiar ring. I've learned alot through all these years, through the good times and the bad. I want you to know, I thank God every night for you Dad.

I can't imagine how it would be to live life day by day... Not knowing God, not knowing love, not knowing how to pray. It would be so cold, so lonely, so sad a life I know.

And it's all because of you, Dad. God's love - we've been shown. So Dad we want to thank you on this very special day. Because of you - we now know the true meaning of Father's Day.

Vickie G.
on 5/13/08 10:27 pm - AL
You got A PM
Most Active