Morning Bama!

fillisg
on 5/16/08 10:50 pm, edited 5/16/08 10:51 pm - Belmont, MS
Hey guys, What's for breakfast? I am having Baked Oatmeal. I had seen a recipe sometime back for this. I have had it on my mind for the past couple of days (I am on a oatmeal kick again). Got up this morning and thought I would give it a try. It is really good and VERY filling!! Sure not goign to be able to eat a full serving of it.  Here's the recipe if anyone is interested. Baked Oatmeal 1 1/2 cups skim milk 2 eggs 2 TBSP butter, melted & cooled 1 tsp vanilla 2 1/2 cups of rolled oats 1 tsp cinnamon 1/2 c brown sugar (I only used 1/4  and find it is plenty sweet) 2 tsp baking powder  1 cup sliced banana Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla and cooled butter. In a seperate bowl, combine oats, cinnamon sugar and baking powder. Fold moist ingredients into dry ones and let set for 15 minutes.  Spray a 9x13 glass baking dish. Pour oatmeal mixture in to dish and bake for 35 -40 minutes (I baked mine 25, dry things and I DO NOT get along). Remove from oven, spoon into bowl, top with some sliced banana. Can be served hot or cold. Hope you enjoy it!  Says it serves 6, so the would be like 12 - 15 of us...LOL!

Phyllis
LAP RNY 7/7/06
Highest    Current     Goal
292             157           140

"I can do all things through Christ which gives me strength" Philippians 4:13

jujujudy
on 5/16/08 10:58 pm - Russellville, AL
sounds really good,will try this soon..the meatball and pineapple dish did not set with Togo at all..  I have instant oatmeal everymoring with my coffee.real good and keeps things moving right along..good thing..Thanks for sharing..Juju
fillisg
on 5/16/08 11:01 pm - Belmont, MS
You are welcome Judy! I did have to crumble it with my spoon a little and I put a tiny splash of milk over it befor I ate it. I have had one too many experiences with dry foods.....so far so good and it is tastes really good.

Phyllis
LAP RNY 7/7/06
Highest    Current     Goal
292             157           140

"I can do all things through Christ which gives me strength" Philippians 4:13

Carmen G.
on 5/16/08 11:11 pm - Lincoln, AL
Good morning!!!!  We are going to Kystal for the 2.00 + senior breakfast.  See...there are advantages of getting OLD   You have a great day!!!!
Most Active