JUST CHECKING IN......

Elle Felts
on 5/30/11 9:52 am, edited 5/30/11 11:12 am - TUSCALOOSA, AL

How is everyone?  Did ya'll bbq for Memorial Day?
DH had to work today so we cooked yesterday afternoon after church. I didn't do real well with supper last night.  We grilled steak, chicken breasts and hotdogs.  I made baked beans, fresh corn on the cob, pear salad and wheat rolls.  I really wasn't hungry when I ate, but I ate about 4 bites of steak, 1/2 pear and about 4 bites of baked beans.  No sooner than I finished my food, I felt so sick to my stomach.  I couldn't figure out why my stomach was hurting so bad.  Finally, I just had to get up and go outside and throw up.  I'm guessing I didn't chew a piece of steak good enough and it was stuck.  As soon as I threw up, I immediately felt better.   Sooooo, no matter how far out you are from surgery, you can still get sick, throw up, dumping and getting food stuck.  It's been 9 years and still happens on occasion.  I am just so glad the weight has started to drop off for me again.  I have about 15 more pounds to go....and I will be just about right again.  Thanks for letting me share.

Kim S.
on 5/30/11 10:31 am - Helena, AL
Hey there!  Good to hear from you.  We bbq'd yesterday too--I made lemon pepper wings, brats, steak and chicken on the grill, fried potatoes and onions, fresh corn, homemade salsa and strawberry shortcake for dessert.  It was yummy.

Hope your week goes great!

Kim

Lisa M.
on 6/3/11 9:28 pm - Delano, TN
HI Loretta!

I just popped on and wanted to say Hi!  I am trying desperately to motivate myself to drop 30 pounds over the summer.  I gotta get moving!  Anyway, saw your smile and wanted you to know I think of you often!\

Lisa
Faith is NOT believing God can.
    It is knowing that God will!

Elle Felts
on 6/6/11 10:00 am - TUSCALOOSA, AL
Lisa....just wanted you to know that Tommy Bates is speaking in B'ham tomorrow night. (Tuesday)  I figure you should know who he is.  I have never heard him speak before but hear he is outstanding.  He is speaking at the COG campmeeting.  Hope to see you there.

Love ya,

Elle

Lisa M.
on 6/6/11 10:45 am - Delano, TN
Hi,
Yes I do know who he is...My mom said they have started having the camp meeting at the Metropolitan COG,  I have been a member of the UPCI church for about 15 years.  My mother still plays Piano at her church and I still have a lot of family and friends in the COG.  If I didn't have such a tight schedule I would surely love to attend.  Enjoy and tell me all about it.  I may have to see if it makes it on you tube. 

Be Blessed,

Lisa
Faith is NOT believing God can.
    It is knowing that God will!

Most Active