Dr Scott Pennington, Bham

msangie76
on 9/4/11 2:32 am
Has anyone used Dr Scott Pennington in Birmingham, al?  I am considering have wls and he was the dr I was reffered to.  I have been approved to have the GBS but I think I really want the sleeve because I don't want my intestines re-arranged.  It's a big decision and I am terrified bc I  had a horrible experience with the Lap band and it had to be removed. So now I need as much information as possible to help me make the best decision for me!!  Thanks :)
Kim S.
on 9/6/11 12:30 am - Helena, AL
The very first thing you should do is research thoroughly the top 3 weight loss surgeries (I'll leave out the 4th, the lap band, since you already know about that one)-RNY, DS and VSG. 

You must determine based on your needs and habits which one will suit you best for long term success.  Keep in mind though, no WLS will work long term without major lifestyle changes.  You must commit to changing how you move and what you eat--for life. 

If there are emotional issues resulting in weight gain, I strongly recommend you work that out BEFORE WLS. 

Pick your surgery, THEN pick the surgeon that performs it best.

Wishing you much success!!

Kim

Robert P.
on 10/23/11 5:04 am - Pelham, AL
Also, please take a look at Andrew Deweitt. He is a fantastic surgeon, and he believes the sleeve is the gold standard for WLS.  He wanted to do it on me (due to my high BMI), but BCBS of AL refused to pay for it under any cir****tances.
High 468 / Surgery 433 / Current 243/ Goal 219
Most Active