Denied based on wrong info....grrr

gina828
on 6/7/12 2:19 am - Prattville, AL
Had my consult yesterday with Dr Sherer.  Valerie submitted my info to BCBSAL and they denied it.  She said my BMI was too low in 2010....
So I started asking questions and they had entered my height as 5' 7" and I'm only 5' 5"!!!!!
She's trying again today. 
What if I hadn't asked questions.....???? 
You have to be your own advocate!
Kim S.
on 6/7/12 4:18 am - Helena, AL
Yes, you do!  Hopefully all will go well.  I just love Dr. Sherer!

gina828
on 6/8/12 12:28 am - Prattville, AL
 Within 30 min of resubmitting my info I was ...... APPROVED!!!!
Kim S.
on 6/8/12 2:58 am - Helena, AL
Awesome news!  Congratulations.  Let me know if I can help in any way.

gina828
on 6/8/12 4:36 am - Prattville, AL
kam0520
on 6/10/12 11:34 pm - AL
You certainly do have to be your own advocate!!!

My husband and I went through the whole process together, same doctors, same appointments, same everything.  Some how, the doctor didn't send my paperwork, but sent my husbands, so when he was approved and I hadn't heard anything I ended up having to do all the back tracking to figure out what happened.  Of course it was at Christmas and offices were closed and it seemed like the end of the world at the time, but it worked out.  But had I not started calling when I did, it would have taken even longer for my approval.  Glad you were approved!  Dr Sherer is wonderful, he was my first choice, but they didn't take our insurance for bariatric surgery.  He removed my appendix and benign tumor a few years ago and did surgery on my grandmother, not to mention he was my GYN's roomate in college at Hoover!  He's just a great doctor and guy! You're in good hands!
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Vickiepierce1972
on 8/9/16 11:50 pm - crossville , Al

Did they accept Medicaid  ? If so who was the doctor n where?

Most Active