Lap band after Ive become a failure to my RNY

Elizabeth W.
on 9/19/12 1:44 pm - Chickasaw, AL
Hey guys.. I dont come one much.. ive now had a 77 pound (lost about 165 pounds) weight gain in the last 2 years. My surgeon seems to be no help..he just says weight gain is normal.. WELL ALL THIS WEIGHT CANT BE.. I see the dissapointment in my family and friends faces.. Im now almost 5 years post op and feel like the biggest wls failure in the world. I am thinking of seeking out another surgeon to see about getting a lap ban on top of my rny.. does anyone have info on this or had any experience with Blue cross of Alabama with this kind of procedure after RNY. No matter how much I exercise im not losing weight.. im just gaining and gaining as fast as I was when I lost weight after WLS.. I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Pre-op 311 /  1st day out of hospital 318  / Current 160/ FINAL GOAL 145

Photobucket

Kim S.
on 9/24/12 11:15 pm - Helena, AL
Hi Elizabeth.  I'm sorry to hear you are struggling-but you are the one person that is in total control of this.

Bottom line-you are consuming more than you are burning, so you've got two choices:  eat less or move more. 

1) Begin tracking everything you put into your mouth.  I use myfitnesspal.com.

2) Determine your RMR http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

3) Set your daily caloric level at your RMR - 500.  This will set you up to lose 1 lb per week, which is the safest level to shoot for AND it will give you enough food so you don't feel deprived.

4) Make 100-120 grams of protein per day your goal.  I eat a 6-7 oz chicken breast grilled every single day.  That alone is 53 grams of protein, and it is real food so I feel full.

5) Eat 6-7 small meals each day.  This will keep your blood sugar level and will keep you feeling full.

6) Exercise.  Everyday.  At least 30 minutes.  If your heartrate is up and you are sweating, you are good.

7)  Follow the rules of your surgery.  Do not drink with meals and do not drink for at least 30 minutes afterward.  Limit simple carbs and sugar, but don't completely eliminate them.  If you do, you'll feel deprived, and we all know how well that has worked for us in the past.......

8)  Come here for support.  We are here for you.

You did this before, you can do it now.  You still have your tool.

Blondie76
on 10/3/12 2:10 am - AL
I'm in Chickasaw too. Cant offer much other than what Kim said already. Do you walk? I'd love to have an exercise buddy!
Most Active