Recent Posts

dlecia05
on 7/19/19 5:01 am, edited 7/19/19 5:05 am - Sylacauga, AL
Topic: Need New Surgeon or PA for Saline Pull...Update:Medical Records (RMC Anniston, AL Dr. Bryan Freeman)

Well, I'm 12 years out. Dr. Bryan Freeman was my doctor along with PA Tim Barnes. Have had acid reflux bad for the past 4 years or so and now starting to have trouble keeping food down when I first start eating. Had a recent barium swallow and endoscopy. Will get official results in 2 weeks but radiologist said it looks like my band may have slipped a little bit. Haven't had any other problems over the years.

I'm trying to find a bariatric surgeon to see who will see patients this far out and who doesn't see their regular surgeon since he's no longer practicing here. Need suggestions so i can get some saline pulled out and maybe that will help with the acid reflux. I've been at my sweet spot since just before Dr. Freeman left. Can't recall what year that was but it's been awhile.

Can't get my records from RMC-Anniston because they report they don't have any for me. All my information has remained the same over the years with the exception of just recently getting married. And if they go by social number it still shouldn't be a problem.

I hope there is someone out there who can refer me to another surgeon or PA just to have saline checks if nothing else. (45 mins from south Annistion and 45 mins from south Birmingham I459/I20 corridor.

Felecia (10/30/2007 surgery)

***Update: I just got a message that RMC only carry records for 10 years. So...I still need a doc or PA.

Pre-admission testing: 261
First goal: 185
Second goal: 180
Third goal:  178

dlecia05
on 7/1/19 8:41 am - Sylacauga, AL
Topic: RE: Dr. Bryan Freeman-Anniston

Have you found another doctor? I need one now after finding out my band may have slipped a little. I never got my records either. I got banded in 2007 by Dr. Freeman.

dlecia05
on 7/1/19 8:36 am - Sylacauga, AL

Aww..I miss him. I need a new doctor now and dont know which way to turn to find a good one in the Anniston/Birmingham area.

dlecia05
on 7/1/19 8:36 am - Sylacauga, AL

Aww..I miss him. I need a new doctor now and dont know which way to turn to find a good one in the Anniston/Birmingham area.

Nurse8724
on 1/8/19 3:53 pm
Topic: Smaller town surgeons

Has anyone used a surgeon in a smaller town outside of Birmingham or Huntsville? I've heard good things about Dr. Groves in Marshall County. Also as I'm fairly young I don't really have credit and I will be self pay....I make a good income that I can easily cover payments with but curious if I should wait for a consultation until I have half of a down payment due no credit line.

Kathy S.
on 8/20/18 2:42 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: RE: Medicaid providers

Hello

The last time we checked this surgeon was taking Medicaid.

Give them a call and let me know if this works for you. If not, we will keep looking!

William Richards
University of South Alabama
Mobile
Phone: 251-471-7413
Contact Valerie
Here is a link to his website.
http://www.usahealthsystem.com/bariatric-surgery

Don't give up, we will do what we an to help you.

Regards,
?Kathy?
ObesityHelp Member Services
866-957-4636 Ext 393

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Alimarbon
on 8/19/18 9:31 am - TROY, AL
Topic: Medicaid providers

Does anyone know of a surgeon who accepts medicaid?

BBSams
on 5/11/18 1:37 pm

I found out he is in California and no longer does bariatric surgery, but does still

practice medicine. You can google his name and "California", and find him.

Greg_7060
on 4/17/18 3:33 am
Topic: Starred the 7 month Diet Plan

I live in Anniston Alabama. Just started the Insurance Diet plan.

My Dr. Is Andrew DeWitt from Princeton Hospital in Birmingham .

HW: 368 on 2/16/18

Cw:225 on 4/17/18

I'm having to loose as much as I can, because I'm having hip problems. Would like to loose another 40 pounds before my surgery approval.

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/17 11:37 am
Topic: RE: Support Group in Alabama

A Bariatric Support Group meets at Huntsville Hospital with two different times each month. POC is Angi Achenbach