Recent Posts

ursulla92
on 1/9/17 3:08 pm
Topic: RE: Need help surgeon

Best thing to do is call Medicaid to see who is on their list.

pebblesal
on 12/28/16 9:21 am
Topic: Seriously About To Give Up

A little backstory before I get to the question:  In 2011 I was very sick and almost died from a ruptured chocolate ovarian cyst.  I lost 115 lbs. in 10 days (this was mostly infection and fluid). My incision was from my breastbone to my pelvic bone and I lost all abdominal muscle control.  During rehab I was, for all intents purposes, bed ridden.  I was allowed to get up and go to the bathroom and shower, but not much else.  I started gaining weight back after rehab.  I was left with a pannus that as I have relost the weight keeps getting bigger and heavier.  It now is estimated to weigh over 150 lbs.  All of my doctors (cardiologist, orthopedic, primary care, a hospitalist, and two surgeons) all agree that I must have the pannus removed.  My insurance company (which is through my husbands employer) will not pay for this surgery as they deem it a "vanity procedure".  I have been fighting this for five years.  I get recurrent cellulitis and now have pressure sores from the last inpatient stay.  I am diabetic, have high blood pressure, have a-fib, mitral valve prolapse, depression, anxiety, hip problems, back problems, and my legs will turn cold and black if I sit up too long.  Basically I have no life.  I am tied to my sofa (which is also my bed) unless my husband is here to take care of me.  He is our sole support and has had to miss an inordinate amount of time to care for me.  I really am about to give up. Now my question:  Does anyone here know how to help me? This forum is my last hope. God Bless you all.

Keria2016
on 12/5/16 1:37 pm

I have called some surgeon but I have not called Medicaid yet 

Julie C.
on 12/5/16 11:12 am - Gulf Shores, AL

I don't know any that take Medicaid.

Have you tried contacting Medicaid for a list of surgeons or contacted some of the Bariatric surgeons to see if they accept your insurance?

"DON'T WORRY ABOUT TOMMORROW, GOD IS ALREADY THERE!"
JULIE 
Certified OH Support Group Leader - Weigh Down (Baldwin County)
 RNY 1/17/06

Julie C.
on 12/5/16 11:08 am - Gulf Shores, AL
Topic: RE: Where is Everyone !!!!!

It's been awhile since I've been on the forums also. 

Most of the Alabama board moved to Facebook where we still support each other. I remember a time when the boards were pippin' too! ? We also use to have a yearly Bama Board reunion where we would all bring a dish and meet up at Oak Mtn State Park. I also found the people in my area and started a monthly support group meeting. I'm so thankful for this journey but also for those wonderful posters who helped me prior to WLS and after WLS. Without the support groups I don't think I would've been as successful as I have. The main boards also have people who can help you. But you can PM me if you need anything. I know I'm late in responding but I would like to help if I can and give back as much as these boards have given me. 

How far along are you in your journey?

"DON'T WORRY ABOUT TOMMORROW, GOD IS ALREADY THERE!"
JULIE 
Certified OH Support Group Leader - Weigh Down (Baldwin County)
 RNY 1/17/06

Keria2016
on 10/21/16 11:43 pm
Topic: RE: Need help finding a surgeon!

Do anybody know any surgeon who accept Alabama..

Keria2016
on 10/20/16 8:30 pm
Topic: Need help surgeon

finding a surgeon near me that takes Medicaid for bariatric surgery! Please help!

mrstkgreene
on 9/21/16 9:39 pm
VSG on 09/22/16
Topic: Support Group in Alabama

Hello, 

I am located in Alabama and looking for a support group. I am getting sleeve on 9/22/2016

Vickiepierce1972
on 8/9/16 11:50 pm - crossville , Al
Topic: RE: Denied based on wrong info....grrr

Did they accept Medicaid  ? If so who was the doctor n where?

Vickiepierce1972
on 8/9/16 11:10 pm - crossville , Al
Topic: RE: Birmingham Surgeon

Do u know if he accepts Medicaid 

Most Active