I fell off the wagon- back on it & ready to ride...

wildwestmel
on 10/30/11 12:55 am
Hi~ I've not been here in quite some time. Troubles at work & others put me from my lowest of 191 back to 220....I'm back to 202 currently (Thank God).  I always need a goal in order to exercise...so Dr. Baker helped me at my yearly check up...I'm going to do the Little Rock 1/2 Marathon in March!  I'm walking/jogging 3-4 miles, 6 days a week- and trying to get the last 45 lbs off.  Is anyone else participating in this?  I'm in Hot Springs & would love to find a workout buddy.  I've been going it alone for the past 3 weeks.

fatnomore1953
on 12/31/11 11:32 pm - Conway, AR
Great idea to train for the LR 1/2 Marathon.  Do they have a 5K race as well?  I don't think I can do a 1/2 Marathon but I used to 'run' 5k's.  I use the term 'run' but my upper body looks like it's running but my legs are walking.  In my 1st 5K the 'Walkers' passed  me.  In the next 5K a wheelchair guy passed me; the next 5k a struggled to beat a 76 year old woman across the finish line! 

I enjoyed my running but have let it slide for the last year.  Like you I have fallen off the wagon and am ready to ride again.
Marti

Most Active