Roller Weight Loss Center Fayetteville, Fort Smith, and Tulsa

Stargazer Lily
on 1/8/17 1:39 am, edited 1/8/17 2:01 am
RNY on 02/21/17

I want to express how much I like this center.

http://rollerweightloss.com/

I started my journey by looking at their website.  This clinic allows you to watch the introduction support group seminar video online.  Its $80 but once you are done, you are set up with your first appointment. You will not be able to make an appointment until you have either watched the online seminar or attended one physically. It also gives you a credit for your first dietician appointment.

Next, your appointment you need to be fasting, and will consist of meeting your APN, getting your basic vitals and health history, then according to your health history acquiring the tests to see the condition of the problem symptoms you have, meeting your dietician, and then meeting a patient care coordinator. ALL of this is done in the same building..not much running around to do.

APN meeting:  My meeting was with Sandi Branson, and she was so kind and helpful.  We discussed my problems, and she was able to send orders for the basic items right away.  I left her office and went directly into the Labs which are located in the same building.

Labs:  The lab portion was a complete blood work up.  Your RBC, WBC, Hormones, Glucose, Vitamins etc... There was also a H Pylori balloon test.  You breath into a small balloon, drink a very tart substance, and wait 15 minutes.  After the time has passed you blow into the little balloon again. You will get a breathing test and an EKG done for your heart.

Dietician:  We discussed my eating habits, and what the expectations were before surgery.  They will tell you how many pounds they expect you to loose by simple diet and exercise.  You will be given a Manuel that discusses every surgery they do, what to expect before and after surgery, diet and exercise suggestions, and vital clinic numbers and information.  They will discuss keeping a record of your food intake, suggest the vitamins and shake products for sale (not required before surgery but helps so much). They will discuss cheaper products available at Walmart that you can use as well. They will discuss fitnessblender.com a free website for exercise routines that you can fit into your own requirements. You leave with lots of knowledge and encouragement and positive support!!

PCC:  This is the final step of the day.  They will give you a sheet that keeps you on track for what your insurance requires for payment of surgery.  How many times you need to visit a dietician prior to surgery, what your copay for the doctor will be, what tests you need to have done for approval etc.. I needed a psychology test done, and I had to pay out of pocket and used

https://www.bariatricpsychevaluations.com/

It was very simple and easy but costed me $150.00 basically all online, and one simple phone call that discusses the support group I have, what my knowledge and expectations of the surgery is. The report is sent to your doctor within 48 hours.

I had to have an Endoscope, and UGI these were scheduled with one of the 3 hospitals that they are a part of.  I had a separate copay for the Endoscope of $350.00

Last you will check out and pay for the products you purchase.  They will give you a small bag with some samples.  AGAIN, you are not required to purchase their products, it is not pushed on you, it is suggested.  I will say that the vitamins are fantastic and will make your hair and nails grow wonderfully.  Do not get the chewable, they are chalky and taste as if you are chewing sand.  I have tried the soft chews and the orange ones do not have a waxy aftertaste.  The shakes are good because they keep the cravings at bay.  I do not know what is in them but it helps a lot.  I take one a day with skim milk and some ice. Super good ones are the orange cream, banana berry, and the cookies and cream.

My second visit was discussing my progress.  I had lost 7 lbs.  It was so amazing and felt fantastic.  I took their suggestions seriously and exercised as directed.  I ate what they said and followed the rules. It was not easy.  That is why I recommended their shakes until you get in the groove.  The Celebrate is cheaper at the office than online.  There isn't much of a difference though.

We discussed the results from all of the things I had done, and made sure my path to surgery was on track.

My third visit will be the same as the second.  My information will be passed on to Dr. Kristen Roller who will review my file, and hopefully approve my surgery.  At that time, after all the requirements from insurance is met, they will send a preapproval to my insurance.  I will get a surgery date about less than 4 weeks from my approval from insurance.

I am required to purchase the Celebrate 4n1 shakes, 2 weeks worth and vitamins for about $220 and prepay $100 for dietician meetings AFTER surgery.  The 2 weeks worth of shakes will be for the first 2 weeks after surgery.  You prepay the dietitian because people do not show up for them after surgery and if you pay it then you are more than likely to make the visits.  All of your labs and information is accessible through the patient portal.  You can send and receive messages there as well.

I know they accept Humana, Medicare, and I believe Medicaid but I am not totally sure on that.  I hope this information is good for you and I wish you luck on your journey.  I had my lap band placed with Dr. Baker in Little Rock, AR and I am not someone who would recommend that office.  Dr. Baker is one who FAT SHAMES you into losing weight.  He will yell and scream at you and be very negative if you do not lose the required amount.  I lost the weight, but I felt emotionally that his technique wasn't right for my personality. I am very optimistic and bubbly.My surgery will be a revision, plus repair of a hernia, with band slippage.  I am required after banding to have the RNY as that is the only surgery RWL recommends doing. 

I am NOT promoting any clinic, but I am impressed by RWL.  When I started my research for a doctor there wasn't much online to help me make my decisions.  I thought if I could share what I know that it may help someone in the future.  RWL is very professional, they do not FAT SHAME you, and they are very organized.  These Nurses and staff take their jobs seriously, and will make you feel that by their professionalism they take your life into their hands, and will make sure you succeed.  Make sure you research the surgery, make sure you research the surgeons, and make sure that your family is 100 percent knowledgeable and supporting your weight loss journey.

Lap Banded 01/31/2007

First RNY Consult: 12/06/2016

RNY Revision 02/21/2017

I believe the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you --Joyce Meyers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Meche
on 2/23/17 5:18 pm

Thank you - that information is extremely helpful! I first made contact with RWL last week, and my first appointment is 3/6. I do have one BIG question for you though! I'm going for lap band revision, and I called the office and priced revision into a sleeve (I'm self pay). Were you not given the sleeve option? I'll opt for another surgeon if this is the case, because I want to keep restriction without going full RNY. Kimberly priced LB to VSG for me, so I was under the impression they would perform it. Perhaps there is something different in your case that requires RNY? 

Zaniiaim
on 9/5/18 5:12 pm - CA

What was the cost?

Aimee
RNY 3-1-12

RNY Revision 10-4-18

Most Active