Recent Posts

Ccecejac
on 3/18/23 6:00 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 02/06/20
Topic: Be Motivated Always! Do not Give Up!

Hi Bariatric Family,

I have been battling Obesity and battling Eating Disorder for over 10 years. I tried the Weight Management previous years before. I had a personal trainer, I was going to the gym, and I cut back on my calorie's intakes. Overall, I was able to lose 125 pounds. I was able to maintain and not regained the weight loss for 5 months the most. I was not able to lose any more weight I reached a Plateau!!! I spend more hours at the gym and ate food being mindful of calories intakes. I eventually, regained all 125 pounds I loss and regained additional over 100 pounds extra weight that I had to battle with ongoing.

I was wearing a Size 4X and 5X in jackets, a Size 5X to a Size 6X in pants, blouses, and clothes in general.. I always had to utilize an extension seat belt riding in the car, and this was my reason avoiding taking an airplane. I was almost 400 pounds. I decided to have the "Gastric Bypass Surgery" this surgery was the right fit for me because I needed to lose over 100 pounds. On February 6, 2020, I had the Gastric Bypass Surgery. I had no side effects and I did not have any complications. I followed my Bariatric Surgeon guidelines and per instructions very "Important." I had a License Dietitian they give us support and guidance what food to avoid after the Bariatric Surgery (Post Op). The Dietitian is there to continue to assist us on our weight loss journey success. It is "Important" to follow your License Dietitian guidelines per instructions too!!

My Weight Loss journey was a new amazingly transformation. I loss almost 180 pounds my 3 years Post Op was on February 6, 2023. I have not regained any weight back and continue to lose 2 pounds to 3 pounds a week. I wear a Size 12 in pants, a Size small in shirts (tops), a Size medium in skirts and dresses. My coats and jackets are a Size small/medium. I am enjoying each day abundantly of joyfulness and continuous great success on my weight loss journey success until this day. "By the amazing grace of God made it possible." I am always delighted to share my "True Testimony" to inspire and genuinely helping others to overcome their battling with Obesity and overcome their battling with Eating Disorder.

I continue to apply my Bariatric Surgeon guidelines and the License Dietitian I was receiving assistance from years ago their guidelines were always to eat in smaller portion and in moderation. I am very mindfully (aware) of healthy food to eat than food with high calories to not eat. I have adapted extremely well with my healthy eating patterns. I am delighted and continuing enjoying my amazingly new transformation every day! I keep my "Mindset" continuously motivated, discipline, fully committed, and strongly mindful is the key to not regain any weight back. This how you avoid weight gain and prevent setbacks!!!

I have a compassion for helping others in a positive way (that is what I do). We must continue to support and edify one another. If someone had a setback (regained weight) and need advice well, I support them how I am continuing to have weight loss success, then be supportive and give them guidance in helping them to reach their weight loss goals.

Our Weight Loss Journey is a Lifetime and a Lifetime Commitment for the rest of our lives. I would like to thank you kindly for taking the time to read my "True Testimony."

Respectfully,

Cece

tonitunes
on 8/25/19 1:38 pm - Paris, AR
Topic: RE: Time to ask for help

I am so sorry for the multiple posts. I tried finding a "delete" button or an "edit" button but there is just not one that I can find anywhere.

As I said before I do have pretty good insurance. Humana in addition to my Medicare.

The reason I was approved for revision surgery is it was determined that my pouch is dilated to approximately 4 times the size it should be, and my stoma has stretched out to around 3 times the size it should be.

tonitunes
on 8/25/19 1:20 pm - Paris, AR
Topic: RE: Time to ask for help

I guess I should add, I have pretty good insurance. I have Humana to go along with my Medicare.

tonitunes
on 8/25/19 1:18 pm - Paris, AR
Topic: Time to ask for help

Be forewarned, this may end up being a fairly long post but I have been lurking for a while and now it's time to stop putting things off and seek the help I need because obviously, I cannot do this on my own anymore. Also, there is some personal information included in the post but I feel it is important in understanding my situation.

I'm a 48 year old female living in the river valley. I had gastric bypass surgery in my early 30's and it was a resounding success. I went from around 350lbs down to around 180. Fast forward around 4 years and I did a few things I am not proud of, and as a result, my husband and I had some major issues. It looked like our marriage was ending and that, compounded with my untreated clinical depression, led me to attempt suicide. After my stint in the hospital, I came home and spiraled down into more and more of a depression. Thanks to some wonderful friends I was able to get medical care and start medical and therapy treatment for my depression. Over time my husband and I worked things out as well, but by this time the damage was done and I had begun to gain back all the weight I had lost.

I think at this point I was in denial that I was gaining it back. Things sorta went past in a blur and the next thing I know I'm back up over 300 lbs again.

I tried to lose weight on my own at this point but nothing I seem to do works. I find it difficult to exercise because of the intense pain. My back, knees, and hips all hurt me to the point of tears if I try to stand more than around 10 to 15 minutes at a time. I have developed tye 2 diabetes and I have high blood pressure. When I try to follow a traditional "diet plan" I find myself hungry 24/7.

At this point, I looked into a revision for my original surgery in hopes of curbing my appetite enough to get back on track with weight loss and to loose enough where I could exercise and help it along. However, after going through all of the requirements for surgery with Roller Weight Loss, I was taken into surgery, only to wake up and be told that nothing could be done. They said that my original limb was too short and it was taken around back behind my stomach rather than in front of it, so there is literally no way to revise it. I was offered the ROSE procedure, however, I was told that it runs around $7K, and insurance does not cover it. Besides, the research I have done on the ROSE does not look that promising in the first place.

Feeling desperate, I asked my PCP about putting me on weight loss medication, and she refused due to the fact that 1) I have high blood pressure and she said that those medications make it even worse and 2) she said that once a person goes off weight loss medication, they tend to gain it all back.

Right now I feel like because of screwing up my original surgery all is lost and I'm doomed to just die as I am. My doctor points out to me that I can do this. She uses the fact that I was able to give up smoking 20+ years ago cold turkey as proof that I have the will power. This is not like that, though. I have tried and tried again and I just can't seem to do it on my own.

I guess I hope that one of you may have some suggestions that I have not thought of yet.

Zaniiaim
on 9/5/18 5:13 pm - CA
Topic: RE: New on this board...

How did your surgery go?

Aimee
RNY 3-1-12

RNY Revision 10-4-18

Zaniiaim
on 9/5/18 5:12 pm - CA
Topic: RE: Roller Weight Loss Center Fayetteville, Fort Smith, and Tulsa

What was the cost?

Aimee
RNY 3-1-12

RNY Revision 10-4-18

Zaniiaim
on 9/5/18 3:22 pm - CA
Topic: RE: Northwest Arkansas Needing Friends!

If you're still around, I am just finding this site and live in Bella Vista. I'm looking into revisional surgery for my RNY

Aimee
RNY 3-1-12

RNY Revision 10-4-18

Sasb1053
on 11/18/17 5:24 pm
Topic: RE: extremely elevated liver enzymes. Too much supplements?

Hi

I was looking at some of the supplements that you are taking. The magnesium oxide is a poor choice of magnesium. I'd recommend magnesium citrate which is much more absorbable. The calcium ratio should be more like 1 to 1 calcium to magnesium. Read Dr. Carolyn Dean's book, " The Magnesium Miracle. Be careful with copper. Before taking this supplement, get a test for copper deficiency. Too much can cause liver enzyme imbalances.

Ask your doctor for a Complete Thyroid Panel. Most doctors will say your thyroid tsh test is normal even if it is 4.5. The normal range is wrongly considered at .5 to 4.5. But, functional medicine doctors would like to see the tsh at about .8 to 1.8. This would be the optimal in thete opinion.

Have you doctor check for a Candida over growth. Candida will cause an imbalance in the intestines and can wreak havoc on the thyroid, metabolism and cravings of sweets and carbs.

The best advice is to see a Functional Medicine Doctor. He will treat the root cause and not the symptoms

Meche
on 2/23/17 5:18 pm
Topic: RE: Roller Weight Loss Center Fayetteville, Fort Smith, and Tulsa

Thank you - that information is extremely helpful! I first made contact with RWL last week, and my first appointment is 3/6. I do have one BIG question for you though! I'm going for lap band revision, and I called the office and priced revision into a sleeve (I'm self pay). Were you not given the sleeve option? I'll opt for another surgeon if this is the case, because I want to keep restriction without going full RNY. Kimberly priced LB to VSG for me, so I was under the impression they would perform it. Perhaps there is something different in your case that requires RNY? 

Stargazer Lily
on 1/8/17 1:39 am, edited 1/8/17 2:01 am
RNY on 02/21/17
Topic: Roller Weight Loss Center Fayetteville, Fort Smith, and Tulsa

I want to express how much I like this center.

http://rollerweightloss.com/

I started my journey by looking at their website.  This clinic allows you to watch the introduction support group seminar video online.  Its $80 but once you are done, you are set up with your first appointment. You will not be able to make an appointment until you have either watched the online seminar or attended one physically. It also gives you a credit for your first dietician appointment.

Next, your appointment you need to be fasting, and will consist of meeting your APN, getting your basic vitals and health history, then according to your health history acquiring the tests to see the condition of the problem symptoms you have, meeting your dietician, and then meeting a patient care coordinator. ALL of this is done in the same building..not much running around to do.

APN meeting:  My meeting was with Sandi Branson, and she was so kind and helpful.  We discussed my problems, and she was able to send orders for the basic items right away.  I left her office and went directly into the Labs which are located in the same building.

Labs:  The lab portion was a complete blood work up.  Your RBC, WBC, Hormones, Glucose, Vitamins etc... There was also a H Pylori balloon test.  You breath into a small balloon, drink a very tart substance, and wait 15 minutes.  After the time has passed you blow into the little balloon again. You will get a breathing test and an EKG done for your heart.

Dietician:  We discussed my eating habits, and what the expectations were before surgery.  They will tell you how many pounds they expect you to loose by simple diet and exercise.  You will be given a Manuel that discusses every surgery they do, what to expect before and after surgery, diet and exercise suggestions, and vital clinic numbers and information.  They will discuss keeping a record of your food intake, suggest the vitamins and shake products for sale (not required before surgery but helps so much). They will discuss cheaper products available at Walmart that you can use as well. They will discuss fitnessblender.com a free website for exercise routines that you can fit into your own requirements. You leave with lots of knowledge and encouragement and positive support!!

PCC:  This is the final step of the day.  They will give you a sheet that keeps you on track for what your insurance requires for payment of surgery.  How many times you need to visit a dietician prior to surgery, what your copay for the doctor will be, what tests you need to have done for approval etc.. I needed a psychology test done, and I had to pay out of pocket and used

https://www.bariatricpsychevaluations.com/

It was very simple and easy but costed me $150.00 basically all online, and one simple phone call that discusses the support group I have, what my knowledge and expectations of the surgery is. The report is sent to your doctor within 48 hours.

I had to have an Endoscope, and UGI these were scheduled with one of the 3 hospitals that they are a part of.  I had a separate copay for the Endoscope of $350.00

Last you will check out and pay for the products you purchase.  They will give you a small bag with some samples.  AGAIN, you are not required to purchase their products, it is not pushed on you, it is suggested.  I will say that the vitamins are fantastic and will make your hair and nails grow wonderfully.  Do not get the chewable, they are chalky and taste as if you are chewing sand.  I have tried the soft chews and the orange ones do not have a waxy aftertaste.  The shakes are good because they keep the cravings at bay.  I do not know what is in them but it helps a lot.  I take one a day with skim milk and some ice. Super good ones are the orange cream, banana berry, and the cookies and cream.

My second visit was discussing my progress.  I had lost 7 lbs.  It was so amazing and felt fantastic.  I took their suggestions seriously and exercised as directed.  I ate what they said and followed the rules. It was not easy.  That is why I recommended their shakes until you get in the groove.  The Celebrate is cheaper at the office than online.  There isn't much of a difference though.

We discussed the results from all of the things I had done, and made sure my path to surgery was on track.

My third visit will be the same as the second.  My information will be passed on to Dr. Kristen Roller who will review my file, and hopefully approve my surgery.  At that time, after all the requirements from insurance is met, they will send a preapproval to my insurance.  I will get a surgery date about less than 4 weeks from my approval from insurance.

I am required to purchase the Celebrate 4n1 shakes, 2 weeks worth and vitamins for about $220 and prepay $100 for dietician meetings AFTER surgery.  The 2 weeks worth of shakes will be for the first 2 weeks after surgery.  You prepay the dietitian because people do not show up for them after surgery and if you pay it then you are more than likely to make the visits.  All of your labs and information is accessible through the patient portal.  You can send and receive messages there as well.

I know they accept Humana, Medicare, and I believe Medicaid but I am not totally sure on that.  I hope this information is good for you and I wish you luck on your journey.  I had my lap band placed with Dr. Baker in Little Rock, AR and I am not someone who would recommend that office.  Dr. Baker is one who FAT SHAMES you into losing weight.  He will yell and scream at you and be very negative if you do not lose the required amount.  I lost the weight, but I felt emotionally that his technique wasn't right for my personality. I am very optimistic and bubbly.My surgery will be a revision, plus repair of a hernia, with band slippage.  I am required after banding to have the RNY as that is the only surgery RWL recommends doing. 

I am NOT promoting any clinic, but I am impressed by RWL.  When I started my research for a doctor there wasn't much online to help me make my decisions.  I thought if I could share what I know that it may help someone in the future.  RWL is very professional, they do not FAT SHAME you, and they are very organized.  These Nurses and staff take their jobs seriously, and will make you feel that by their professionalism they take your life into their hands, and will make sure you succeed.  Make sure you research the surgery, make sure you research the surgeons, and make sure that your family is 100 percent knowledgeable and supporting your weight loss journey.

Lap Banded 01/31/2007

First RNY Consult: 12/06/2016

RNY Revision 02/21/2017

I believe the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you --Joyce Meyers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active