BISBEE, ARIZONA

jilliecats
on 11/22/10 5:48 am

HELLO ALL YOU ARIZONIANS!!

We will be leaving for Bisbee at the beginning of next week.  We plan on being there for a week or so.  Can any of you give me any local info on what to do/see/eat/etc. while we are there?

We like just about anything there is.  Jeff is real into geological type stuff and me, I am into gift shops!

I have heard that it is a hang out for the gay/lesbian scene.  Although we are neither, it still would be great to experience that as well.  Are there festivals or ????  Do these happen any particular time of the year?

Any help for us simpleton tourists would be really welcomed. 

Thanks!!!!!

Jillie and Jeff

Jilliecats          

moving-on
on 11/23/10 10:57 am - Rimrock, AZ
A few years ago we visted and went on the mine tour. Wanted to see the Caverns but they were booked up. I really enjoyed the old part of Bisbee, very quaint and they even have a shop and sell Bisbee coffee. We really enjoyed ourselves
jilliecats
on 11/23/10 11:14 am
Thank you so much for your info!  We will be checking it out for sure!

Jilliecats          

WASaBubbleButt
on 11/24/10 11:46 am - Mexico
Have you ever been to Jerome, AZ? From what you post I have a hunch you'd get a kick out of that city if you haven't already been there.

That's not a place you'd want to spend a week though, 1-2 days is more than enough. ;o)

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
pamsalamb
on 12/14/10 6:43 pm
Bisbee has a quaint downtown area that is fun to walk. Kartchner Caverns are in that area and are well worth seeing...a terrific geology site! Go online for tickets. They book up early. Aso....for history, visit Tombstone. There's lots of old West history there, and you can visit the original sites of the OK Corral shootout and Boot Hill cemetary.
Most Active