Aetna approval?

Michelle L.
on 11/29/10 12:15 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone,

I just did my MMPI, the last step of my insurance approval process, last week. I lost 10 pounds on my 6-month supervised diet, and I think I'm OK on all of the other bits. I had a starting BMI of 40, and I found out I had Type 2 diabetes during my 6 months of visits, but I'm otherwise healthy: good cholesterol, normal thyroid, and I dropped my A1C to 5.5 during my 6 months.

Does anyone have experience getting approval from Aetna? I'm just really hoping I don't have any problems getting authorization!

Mymamona1
on 11/29/10 1:49 am - AZ
I had no problem at all. Actually as long as you have completed all the requirements and your labs are all up to speed. you will have no problem at all.....well that was my experience. Some others have had different experiences but I anticipate you will have a good experience as well.
NorthValleyPlasticBlog
ger

on 12/9/10 3:14 am - AZ

You should have no problem getting approved with Aetna with you records.  Typically Aetna requires the following:

1.) At least two years of medical records with a BMI of 35-39.9 with some co-morbidities (health issues related to weight).
2.)  A medically supervised diet and exercise program where you are weighed in at least once a month and have notes specific and exclusive for diet.  This takes six months with your doctor or three months with a multidisciplinary program, like AZWLS.
3.)  Medical necessity and psych exam.

Other requirements can be ordered by your surgeon or other doctor that go beyond the insurance requirements as well.

The only time a person can not get approved during their pre operation diet is if their BMI gets too low.  Getting approved for weight loss surgery is the one time in life where a person wants to be heavy and unhealthy.  

I'm so glad your health is improving and wish you the very best of success.

North Valley Plastic Surgery
http://www.nvpsaz.com/body/post-bariatric 
The Leaders in Post Bariatric Surgery.

100togo4me
on 12/16/10 7:49 am
I wish I could tell you. I have Aetna, but I can't even get Dr. Juarez's office to submit the paperwork.
Michelle L.
on 12/20/10 10:55 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I just called Aetna. I'm approved! Hooray!! Now waiting for 8am so I can call Dr. Fang's office and find out if I have a date . . .
Most Active