New to Phoenix looking for support group

nuttiwebgal
on 12/19/10 1:49 pm
I had RNY gastric Bypas in 2007 I weighed about 420 I now weigh in about 190-205 depending on the whatevers...
 Is there a support group in the Phoenix area?
I am also ready to start looking for a Plastic surgeon...any suggestions??
at my heavyest I weighed in at over 500 and I need some skin removed...
Thanks so much for any help!
Nutti

WASaBubbleButt
on 12/21/10 3:33 am - Mexico
On December 19, 2010 at 9:49 PM Pacific Time, nuttiwebgal wrote:
I had RNY gastric Bypas in 2007 I weighed about 420 I now weigh in about 190-205 depending on the whatevers...
 Is there a support group in the Phoenix area?
I am also ready to start looking for a Plastic surgeon...any suggestions??
at my heavyest I weighed in at over 500 and I need some skin removed...
Thanks so much for any help!
Nutti

I'm having plastics done in Mexico.  I heart my plastic surgeon and it's about half of what I would pay in Phoenix.

For an extended TT, lipo, breast lift, and implants it will be $7500.00.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/11 2:07 am - Peoria, AZ
Sonoran Life Solutions on 94th Drive and Thunderbird has free support groups very month.  See flyer below:
SONORAN LIFE SOLUTIONS
13460 N. 94th Dr. K3 Peoria, AZ 85381
(623) 974-3333  [email protected]   BARIATRIC SUPPORT GROUP  Have you or someone you know had a weight loss surgery including gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, or gastric lap band? Thinking about it?   When: The second Friday of every month Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm Januray 14th February 11th March 11th April 8th May 13th June 10th July 8th August 12th September 9th October 7th November 11th December 9th   This support group offers something different. You are welcome to bring any clothes you have “shrunk" out of and for each clothing item you bring, you will be able to pick another clothing item of a different size that someone else has “shrunk" out of. This will allow all of us to benefit from having clothes that fit us without having to pay high prices in the stores.
Superspouse
on 12/21/10 11:04 pm - AZ
Welcome to phx! There is a support group but I would get the details from Joyce. I'm currently attending a support group in Scottsdale for dr. Bkackstone's patients. I'm not sure if they let "outsiders" in.

Midwestern-that is cheap! Are you currently living in Mexico?
WASaBubbleButt
on 12/24/10 7:59 am - Mexico
On December 22, 2010 at 7:04 AM Pacific Time, Superspouse wrote:
Welcome to phx! There is a support group but I would get the details from Joyce. I'm currently attending a support group in Scottsdale for dr. Bkackstone's patients. I'm not sure if they let "outsiders" in.

Midwestern-that is cheap! Are you currently living in Mexico?

Yes, I just moved here about 7 weeks ago.  Lov'en every minute!

Yeah, for US standards it's cheap.  But not by MX standards but I really like my plastics guy.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Mymamona1
on 12/22/10 3:33 am - AZ
Welcome to AZ I go to a support group in Gilbert AZ at Banner Gateway. they have 3 support groups monthly which I try to attend all of them 

Nutrition is on the first Tuesday of the month 6:30PM

Exercise is on the 2nd Tuesday of the month 6:30PM

Peer support group is on the 3rd Wednesday of the Month 4:30PM

All are great and I'd recommend all of them. Go to  the banner bariatric website to get more information on the groups as they are subject to change for the new year. Also its open to ANYONE.

Good luck and hope to see you there.
nuttiwebgal
on 1/4/11 2:50 pm

Thanks everyone!! very definatly would like to get to know other WLS peeps in this area
nutti

Ann M.
on 1/9/11 10:31 pm - Peoria, AZ
If you live in the West Valley, there's a meeting on the 1st Saturday of the month at 10:30 at Banner Estrella, the graduate group meets the 3rd Saturday of the month at the same place (over 1 year out).  The Sun City group meets the 2nd Saturday of the month at the Sun City Room at the corner of 107th & Coggins in Sun City at 10:30 (not in February though so send a message if you're interested in attending).
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active