New to Az 9 mon post op

nurskory
on 1/4/11 12:51 pm - Valley City, ND
Hi,, I am 9 months out. with save all the details. doing great with wt loss 20 lbs till surgeons goal but already at my goal and really dont feel another 20 would be healthy on me..

I am desperately seeking support  here from women mainly.. having some body image issues..not coping with improved body i know it sounds weird.. but didnt have surgery to be smaller size but to help my knees. I was comfortable with my larger size. odd i know. I was never an overeater but couldnt lose wt due to unknown medical reasons. I am also having issues with getting used to dating/intimacy, new  smaller chest size. I have been seriously unable to purchase size small underwear because of anxiety instead of being excited like i should be.. luckily have understanding friend that is going to do it for me so i will get out of my size 20 underwear because i need to wear a size 4 now!! I feel like I am going crazy sometimes. I have unsupportive mother that keeps telling me I am too skinny then tells me I look heavy in my facebook pics so I struggle with that. I have been sober for 16 yrs so if anyone in AA also that would be helpful. I am 41 and retired I text and use internet alot. Just hoping to find someone who is either going thru the same or is further out post op who can help me thru this please. I also am curious about removal of extra skin vs. toning and drs pricing here  you can message me here or i just joined the group on facebook so on there alot. thanks for taking time to read my post. Kory
Ann M.
on 1/9/11 10:33 pm - Peoria, AZ
What side of town are you on? If you're on the west side, maybe we can get together to talk. There's also support groups on the west side. email me at [email protected] and I'll give you the info. Ann
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/11 2:10 am - Peoria, AZ
Sonoran Life Solutions offers a free support group the second Friday of every month.  See Flyer below.  We would love to help!

SONORAN LIFE SOLUTIONS 13460 N. 94th Dr. K3 Peoria, AZ 85381 (623) 974-3333  [email protected]   BARIATRIC SUPPORT GROUP  Have you or someone you know had a weight loss surgery including gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, or gastric lap band? Thinking about it? When: The second Friday of every month Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm Januray 14th February 11th March 11th April 8th May 13th June 10th July 8th August 12th September 9th October 7th November 11th December 9th   This support group offers something different. You are welcome to bring any clothes you have “shrunk" out of and for each clothing item you bring, you will be able to pick another clothing item of a different size that someone else has “shrunk" out of. This will allow all of us to benefit from having clothes that fit us without having to pay high prices in the stores.
Ann M.
on 1/30/11 8:54 am - Peoria, AZ
Can you tell me who the coordinator or leader is for this group?  I've not heard of you before but I'm having people ask me.  I don't think I'll be able to attend on Friday nights since I'm usually scheduled to work but I'll certainly put it on the calendar just in case I don't.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
(deactivated member)
on 2/11/11 8:15 am - Peoria, AZ
Sorry for the delay in response.  Our Friday night meeting is tonight so if you aren't working, come and join us!  Sonoran Life Solutions head LPC is the leader, Val Girod.  She has her own experience and life journey to share which is how the support group got started. 

Hope to see you!
Nicole

Sonoran Life Solutions
13460 N. 94th Dr. K-3
Peoria, AZ 85381
(623) 974-3333
Most Active