DS'ers in AZ?

a_new_mii
on 4/28/11 2:55 am - AZ
I am just curious to know if anyone else is a Ds'er here in AZ.  My surgeon is Dr. Juarez.
I just don't see many posts locally about anyone who has had the DS procedure.  
I had a small "hiccup" a week after surgery, but things seem to be going pretty well now.  
I would love to hear about your story, and how things are going for you.
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

Deanne K.
on 5/5/11 10:13 am - Tucson, AZ
Didn't know Dr. Juarez was a DS surgeon.  Go over to the DS forum you might find some there.
a_new_mii
on 5/6/11 10:26 am - AZ
I am on the DS forum.  I've learned so much!!  I'm just looking for DSers that might be closer to home. I'm hoping to find a local DS support group.

I think the DS is a relatively new surgery for the Bridges Center, as I'm learning a lot on the DS Forum that they didn't tell me before or after surgery.   

Thanks,
Ginger
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

Deanne K.
on 5/9/11 1:28 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Ginger,
Dr. Schlesinger has done DS's for quite a while.  I know that Dr. Husted is doing them and probably has been assisting Dr. Juarez in doing them, which is great.  I don't know about any DS only support groups. 
Deanne
100togo4me
on 5/7/11 1:28 pm
Juarez does DS now?
a_new_mii
on 5/26/11 9:12 am - AZ
 Well, He did mine and My Mom's.  I think he's pretty new, He had Dr. Husted assist.  
After fighting Ins. cos for almost 20 years... I'm so glad to finally say, I've had my surgery! Even if I had to self pay.  :)  
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

Chris S.
on 5/10/11 5:58 am - Tempe, AZ
Last time I saw Dr Juarez (in March) he told me he was going to start thinking about doing the DS but it would not be for at least 6 months.  I would like to be revised to a DS but don't want to be a quinea pig for his surgery either
Most Active