Gaining

Missy52
on 8/18/11 5:04 am
I had RNY in 2006 and lost 136lbs, in the last 2yrs i have regained 70lbs back! I have been to the doctor to see what is actually going on because i do excersize 5 days a week for at least 1hr, i dont eat the best and i can eat just like i did before surgery which scares me, my doctor did an upper gi and said my pouch was still small but i dont get how i can eat so much if its still small. anyhow I am looking for some type of support or advice on my situation or if anyone has ever been in my place and relost without doing any revisions. I have a friend who has lost 90lbs in the last 9months just by excersizing and eating better, but she is excersizing almost 4hrs everyday and there is no way i can do that! How do you fight the urge to eat sweets? If i could get that under control i know i would do better.
lostin2010
on 8/31/11 11:31 pm, edited 8/31/11 11:32 pm
Hi Missy....this post coudlve been written by me!  My RNY was in 2005, I dropped 158lbs only to have a regain of 70lbs within the past 3 years.  I have been struggling with thyroid issues which caused part of the regain...but I know my complacency with food and inactivity is what did the major damage.  It took me all this time to finally come to terms that if I didnt change my 'whatever' attitude I would eventually regain EVERY pound and more if I didnt stop this destructive pattern.  So it was time to go back to the gym...eliminate carbs...add more protein, fruits and vegetables...and so it begins....I have given myself a 30 day goal....Im seeing a little bit of a difference already and I know I can do this (again)....you can too!  ~Debra~
Missy52
on 9/2/11 8:21 am
I read on here about the my fitness pal so i have been doing that for the past couple weeks, i have given myself a goal of 2lbs a week and so far i am on track! I am down to 234. Excersize has become my number one goal. I wish you the best of luck with your rejourney!!
scalingback1
on 10/15/11 1:31 am - Mashpee, MA
Hi Missy,
I see you wrote this some time ago and I am wondering how you are doing?  I had my RNY 15 months ago and my weight is just now stabilizing.  I am very afraid that the next step will be gaining some back.  I don't know anyone who can keep up exercising 4 hours a day! Hats off to your friend.   I also have a problem with sweets and although I can't eat them like before, I can eat some and they are my downfall.  I do have a plan though.  I find that if I eat my protein first (as we all know we should :)  ) I am full enough to give me the ability to fight the urge for foods I know can lead to weight gain.  For me that is slider foods like crackers and low sugar ice cream.  Amazing how easily they go down!  Since you admit that your eating is not the best, that seems like a good place to start.  Many of the people I read about who are successful admit to having to stay away entirely from their "trigger foods".  I do find that if I can stay away from my trigger foods (carbs), after about three days it gets MUCH easier. 
If you are all ready exercising an hour a day that's fabulous!  Maybe mix things up a little- riding a bike sometimes if you're a walker.  Walking faster for short bursts.
I would be happy to be a cheer leader if you would like one, just send me a friend request.
Best of luck to you!
Paula

First goal reached at one year.    
 "What is, is. What will be, is what you make it."  Unknown

Most Active