just got home post op-not feeling like doing much

Tina W.
on 11/8/11 9:15 am - Cartersville, GA
i had the VSG last wk, 11/3/11. I was so excited and thought it was a really good idea, now i am not so sure. I feel like crap! I lost a lot of blood and had to have 7 (yes SEVEN) transfusions. and my blood count is still very low. the norm should be 11 and i am still only at 8. i guess it was enough to send me home though bc i got discharged. but i have a lot of bloated pressure in my abdomen and i dont have energy to do anything more than go to the bathroom. in my mind i should be doing more, but my body is not feeling the same way. is this normal? SHOULD i be trying to do more? i am afraid that i am going to be off to a bad start after everything i have been through, but i just dont know how this is supposed to work if i dont have the energy to do anything... please advise....
Ann M.
on 11/11/11 12:39 pm - Peoria, AZ

Tina, this is very normal.  You've just undergond major surgery so you will be tired for a while.  As to the bloating, most of this is the air that was pumped into you so the doctor could see what he was doing better.  If you can get up and walk, it'll go away quicker.  Most of the people who just had the surgery seem to say the same thing but after a couple of weeks when you body is almost back to normal and you have more energy, then you'll be praising the surgery.  Just take it easy and get your protein in and try to walk even if it's just around the house doing laps. 

Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Tina W.
on 11/12/11 11:48 am - Cartersville, GA
thank you Ann M.

I have been so worried that i will mess up and have gone through all this hardship of getting TO the surgery and then actually having the surgery that everything worries me. You response is very appreciated. I do take laps around my house, but i am naturally gassy anyway. I look forward to the days where i start seeing positive results

thanks again
tina
20candy07
on 11/17/11 11:51 pm - Tolleson, AZ

Everyone feels that remorse after surgery because of that low energy while our bodies are adjusting.  Once you see the physical weight loss it will boost your spirits..... You'll feel better soon and walking will help you circulate and heal faster.  Congrats....

Candy

20candy07
on 11/25/11 12:00 am - Tolleson, AZ
How are you feeling now?

Regards,
Candy

stephanie R.
on 12/12/11 10:35 pm - phoenix, AZ
DS on 01/24/12
 Candy I was wondering if you will add me to your friends list so we can talk.. How did you like Dr, Jaurez?? I will be having a DS with him on January 24,2012.. Love to hear back form you
20candy07
on 12/12/11 11:23 pm - Tolleson, AZ
Hello Stephanie,
Congratulations on your approved surgery!  Which one are you having?  I like Dr. Juarez.  He is attached to a good program that is enlightening as far as educating people on the post op menus, how to eat, etc.   You can email me under a separate email and I'll send you my personal email address if you feel more comfortable asking questions.   There are a lot of sweet and concerned people on this site. 

Take care and do email me.  I'll be happy to tell you what I've experienced post-op in detail...lol

Candy

stephanie R.
on 12/12/11 10:33 pm - phoenix, AZ
DS on 01/24/12
 Hello how are you feeling?? I hope you are doing much better...

20candy07
on 12/12/11 11:29 pm - Tolleson, AZ
Hi Tina,
How are you feeling? 

Candy

Most Active