AZ Board Newb

MizzEvil
on 4/24/12 6:09 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Well e-****!!! I didn't realize there was an Arizona board here on OH... So, I just wanted to say a big HI to everyone out there.

A little about me, I recently had the VSG back on 16 March 2012. Due to no current insurance (not until May), I had my surgery performed by Dr Aceves in Mexicali, Mexico. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome experience. I am in the Phoenix area.

Anyhow, just wondering if there are any people who go to some kinda WLS groups near Phx and where they go? My auntie had RNY about 4 years ago, and goes to one in Scottsdale - I haven't made it out there yet to go to one, hoping within the next month to do so. Is there any other good info that you hear floating around the AZ board you'd like to share?

d_mac682
on 4/29/12 2:42 am - Gilbert, AZ
RNY on 04/26/12
I hated it when nobody would reply to new post. I know there are groups that meet all over. Banner health has some at each of there hospitals so I would look into those. There are some folks here that go to one in mesa, but I am not sure which one. I live an hour out of phoenix so I have not been to one yet.

Welcome to the Arizona board!

MizzEvil
on 4/29/12 3:22 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12

Thank you for the response, d_mac682. Someone was nice enough to send me a private message with a location that is close to me on the NW side! I will have to check into Banner's meetings as well. And thank you for the welcome!!

LoveLifeHappiness
on 5/16/12 2:26 pm - NC
 Hi :)  I'm new to AZ and new to this board, as I just recently discovered that this forum existed.  I had the DS almost a year ago (in NC on 6.9.11).  I'd love to connect with people in the Phoenix area for support and to share our stories.  I'm 5 lb away from my goal, down 140 lb and feeling great!  

Miranda

MizzEvil
on 5/17/12 6:36 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Welcome, Miranda! Congrats on your weightloss, that's awesome!!!

I don't know what part of town you are in, but I went to a support group that is outta Scottsdale Hospital last night (meets every 1st monday and 3rd Wed 6-7:30p) and I've been notified that there is also one on the West Side (every 2nd Friday 7p-?). I plan on going to the one on the West Side next month :)

lauriv
on 6/10/12 4:45 pm

Miranda,

There are a few of us Ds'ers in Az!

We need to get a group of us together since the support groups here are all geared for other surgeries!

Are you on the Facebook DS group?

It has over 800 members on it with some arizonians too!

Lauri 

~ Lauri

Lkn4ward
on 10/16/12 9:50 am - Phoenix, AZ
 I just found this board and I'm a DS'er too!  Just moved to AZ a year ago and I had my 2 year surgiversary on 9/30.  i'm down 216 pounds and looking for a PCP or Internist for follow up labs.  Have you found one yet that you like/recommend?

Congrats on hitting your goal!
a_new_mii
on 5/30/12 9:27 am - AZ
 Hey guys!  i had my DS just over a year ago. I'd love to get some info on any meetings on the west side.  I had my Ds at the Bridges Center and have not made it to the meetings yet.  I would love to meet some WLS friends on the West side.
Thank sos much for an y info you can share,
Ginger
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

MizzEvil
on 7/11/12 6:15 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Sorry for late response. I been tryna stay away from OH because of the drama on some forums.

Anyhow, someone sent me the FB page of the group on the West Side, but the link never worked for me. I was told it was every 2nd Tues at 7-8:30pm. I haven't made it out that way yet, but plan on trying this Friday if my hair appt doesn't run over in time. It's not that far from the location where the meetings are held.

Here is the address I was given:

Sonoran life solutions

13460 N. 94th Dr. K3

Peoria, AZ 85381

Most Active