PCP recommendations in Gilbert area?

TracyA
on 4/15/13 3:23 pm - Gilbert, AZ

Hi all,

I'm looking for a WLS supportive Primary Care doc in the Gilbert, AZ area.  Anyone have any suggestions?

My WLS journey was derailed for a few years ( I don't think I've visited OH since 2008 ) ...

I now have 2 beautiful daughters (2.5 and 14 months) and want to pursue this now as much for them as for myself 

Thanks in advance!

-Tracy

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/13 10:36 am

That really depends on who contracts with your insurance.  Have you verified your insurance benefits to see if it covers WLS?

Jessi * There and
Never Back Again *

on 4/25/13 10:09 am - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 04/25/12

My doctor is in Chandler and he was supportive and helpful.  If you want his info just message me.

Jessi

5'2   HW-324 • SW-277 • GW-165Surgery Date 4/25/12

TracyA
on 4/25/13 1:30 pm - Gilbert, AZ

I have BCBS.  But they don't pre-approve... 1 year physican managed weight loss, submit your documentation with claim.  I've been down this road with them twice before (2005 in CT and 2008 in CA) and each time the bariatric surgeon's office felt the documentation was in adequate for approval.

Honestly, at this point I'm just eager to get on the road to a healthier me.  My husband and I have been discussing this extensively and I think we're just going to finance route.  I want to be able to chase around after my two girls, sooner than later.

I'm going to attend the Weight Loss Institute of Arizona seminar on Saturday and get this ball rolling.  I'd appreciate any other suggestions or input though!

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/13 3:37 am
On April 25, 2013 at 8:30 PM Pacific Time, TracyA wrote:

I have BCBS.  But they don't pre-approve... 1 year physican managed weight loss, submit your documentation with claim.  I've been down this road with them twice before (2005 in CT and 2008 in CA) and each time the bariatric surgeon's office felt the documentation was in adequate for approval.

Honestly, at this point I'm just eager to get on the road to a healthier me.  My husband and I have been discussing this extensively and I think we're just going to finance route.  I want to be able to chase around after my two girls, sooner than later.

I'm going to attend the Weight Loss Institute of Arizona seminar on Saturday and get this ball rolling.  I'd appreciate any other suggestions or input though!

I am drawing a blank, is that Drs. Orris and DeBarros?

TracyA
on 5/14/13 5:42 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Yes, correct. I have an appointment tomorrow with Dr. Orris and the dietician, etc. BCBS has dropped their req to 6 mo phys supervised diet. So if all goes wrll, we'll start down that road again tomorrow!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/13 4:46 am
On May 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM Pacific Time, TracyA wrote:
Yes, correct. I have an appointment tomorrow with Dr. Orris and the dietician, etc. BCBS has dropped their req to 6 mo phys supervised diet. So if all goes wrll, we'll start down that road again tomorrow!!

Do they still only do bands?

TracyA
on 6/2/13 10:59 pm - Gilbert, AZ
They presented band, sleeve, and bypass at the initial seminar. Personally, band felt like the right choice for me.

Working on my 6 mo diet and the pre-op list. If no hiccups, should have surgery before Christmas!
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/13 11:58 am
On June 3, 2013 at 5:59 AM Pacific Time, TracyA wrote:
They presented band, sleeve, and bypass at the initial seminar. Personally, band felt like the right choice for me.

Working on my 6 mo diet and the pre-op list. If no hiccups, should have surgery before Christmas!

Be really careful.  Even the band makers make it very clear the band is not a lifetime device.  It has as many complications in number as bypass.  Most band are removed in a few short years.  It makes no difference at all if you follow all the infamous rules, the band does not work long term.  It has the slowest weight loss, the least weight loss, the most complications, and the highest regain of all WLS procedures.

They are very hard to live with.  VERY hard.

Most Active