A question for you oldies out there

Ann M.
on 5/18/13 12:57 pm - Peoria, AZ

Because of an accident two years ago, I'm having some brain problems whi*****lude memory lapses and inability to remember things that were said or done recently.  My neurologist, Dr. Gorman, is recommending that I use the Exelon patch 4.6 mg which is the lowest dose available.  He thinks this will help get the chemicals in my brain to start to balance and help with the memory and other frontal executive brain problems.

My question is:  Can we use the patch since we have had RNY?  I could have taken the Exelon pill but there's lots of trouble with that for people's stomachs.    If you know the answer, please post it here or if you have an appointment with your doc, can you ask for me?  I'd really appreciate it.

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/13 4:44 am
On May 18, 2013 at 7:57 PM Pacific Time, Ann M. wrote:

Because of an accident two years ago, I'm having some brain problems whi*****lude memory lapses and inability to remember things that were said or done recently.  My neurologist, Dr. Gorman, is recommending that I use the Exelon patch 4.6 mg which is the lowest dose available.  He thinks this will help get the chemicals in my brain to start to balance and help with the memory and other frontal executive brain problems.

My question is:  Can we use the patch since we have had RNY?  I could have taken the Exelon pill but there's lots of trouble with that for people's stomachs.    If you know the answer, please post it here or if you have an appointment with your doc, can you ask for me?  I'd really appreciate it.

Honestly, your best bet is to call a pharmacist.  Just call your local Walgreens or any of them.  Ask for an RPh and tell them what you just told us.  They are the folks with ALL the data at their fingertips.  When docs have questions about drugs that is who they go to.

Ann M.
on 5/19/13 5:57 am - Peoria, AZ

Thanks for getting back to me.  I'll stop by there this afternoon.  I was just hoping that someone on this board had to use these also.

Most Active