Revision ?

tochatty
on 3/4/14 9:33 am - Scottsdale, AZ

I have been looking into revision surgery for several years now, have met with various surgeons to learn about their technique, risks and etc.  I think I am ready to finally really consider it, I am not getting any younger and I'm not far from my original weight before surgery. 

I know there is a revision forum but I just really wanted to post this here since I would need to have support and hope to find others here in Arizona who may have also had revision.  I went to see a surgeon today, whom I have known for many years, he would do a revision of the original RNY it sounds like but to know forsure, he is having me to a endo and upper GI soon.  Based on some tests I had done 6 years ago, I do have a rupture in my staple line which warrants having revision.  Because I have looked into revision for many years I know its common that revision patients do not lose as much as the initial surgery or as fast.  I would like to just lose weight so my joints don't hurt, so I can exercise, etc. 

I hope to visit this sight more often as I continue to investigate the possibility of having revision.  Hope everyone is well.

Tochatty (Jennifer) in AZ
Open RNY 07/2000
SW 336, Lowest Weight 185, CW 272
Seeking Revision GBS

Lemise
on 9/12/14 12:00 pm

Hi, I am looking into a GB and wondering what went wrong that you gained the weight back?  Was a it a compliance issue? I am not sure I want to go thru the process if I am just going to gain the weight back. Do you feel it was worth it?

thanks

Beckmo
on 7/15/15 1:03 pm - Mesa, AZ

Hello There, I had Gastric Bypass Dec. 2007, by Dec 2009 I lost half my body (175 lbs).  Then, with health issues and some compliance issues the weight slowly creeped on.  I had an UGI done and it showed the stoma was completely open... I had no retention in my pouch. I had gained 65 lbs back and needed a revision due to not being able to retain anything in the pouch.  I was just approved to have the revision to the Duodenal Switch on July 28th.  I really wish I had gone with the DS in the first place.  If you have a lot of weight to lose... consider the DS.

Yes, the GB helped me lose 175 lbs and it was worth it, but now with the complications with it... how does it stay off?

Beckmo

erica G.
on 5/24/17 6:32 pm

Hello,

was your revision approved through insurance? Was it hard to get approved for your revision? Thank you

Erica

Most Active