Just a hello

JRinAZ
on 5/15/03 12:25 pm - Layton, UT
Hi Cindy and all you Arizonans! I rarely have time to get on the obesityhelp. com boards anymore but I'm glad I found this link. It's always beneficial and fun to get more WLS friends! ..... I am on 2 other local boards. AZWLS and AZWLS_Eastside. I attend the St. Luke support meeting on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month and the Eastside support mtgs (for everyone) on the 2nd and 4th Weds of the month. If any of you are interseted in the details, just let me know. We have get togethers all the time in the valley. It seems that not a week goes by that we're not celebrating someone's birthday, getting together for dinner, etc. Last Saturday I drove across the valley and met some WLS friends for a free facial and then lunch at Garcias. We have several valley clothing exchanges going as well. If I'm in town Cindy, I'd love to come to your potluck get together. I'll bet if you posted an invite on the AZWLS board, you'd have a huge group of Arizonans show up. I'll try and check this board as well from time to time. *smiles to y'all* Joyce (3 months post-op, Zahn, -47 lbs)
cindy
on 5/15/03 12:32 pm - Mesa, az
Really good to hear from you. I have my surgery August 6th with Dr. Zahn, the offical count down of 82 days. Congrats on the 47 lbs lost. Is there anything you can tell me about WLS with Dr. Zahn? I found him rude and he talked down to me at the first consult, but I have a high risk surgery because of my heart and he use to be a heart surgeon, so I feel very good about his skills as a surgeon, I am hoping his bed side mannor gets better. You are so busy, I hope you are getting enough rest. I would love to have you with us if I can get a big group together, ask your contacts if they would be interested in a large get together. 82 days pre-op
buttercup C.
on 5/16/03 6:50 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, My surgeon was Dr. Juarez and I hap open RNY on 02-04-03. I am trying to get to support groups as well, I sporadically attend the ones held at Good Sam on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month. Are the ones for St. Lukes for St. Lukes patients only? I would like to attend those but I am not sure if I am welcome because my surgery was at Good Sam. I fyou have any info to give me, I would appreciate it! thanks
JRinAZ
on 5/16/03 11:26 am - Layton, UT
Cindy----I really like Dr. Zahn. I'm so sorry he was rude to you at the start but I'm positive you've made an excellent choice in surgeons. I had heart problems too as well as a bunch of other stuff and he is very mindful of your history. I find that if I joke with him about things that he lightens up and jokes back. I admit to schmoozing with goodies! He likes and appreciates treats!.....Michelle, it seems like if you had DR. Juarez that you would automatically be welcome into the St. Luke's program. There meetings are for Zahn/Jurea,Fang patients. Why not call his office and ask? *smiles* Joyce
Most Active