Appeal letter sent out today

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/03 4:52 pm - El Mirage, AZ
Well, as you know, I rec'd my denial from CIGNA last week. The other day I got a letter in the mail from Dr. Blackstone saying that they too, were notifed of my denial and sent along a few things that I may want to list in my appeal..Most of it I had, 2 things I did not. (that I didn't save documented history, as at the time that I became a CINGA member, (Oct. 1, '01) this was NOT required, and also that BOTH times that I called and asked what requirements were, that NEITHER mentioned 26 weeks of dieting. (I documented who I talked to, time and dates) Seriously, how can that be LEGAL, to just "change there minds" about requirements?? It's like they flip a coin. Some people get approved without problems, others go through HELL and back. It makes NO sense to me. Thankfully, I have a new job that has BCBS so if CIGNA proves to be too much of a hassle, I'll pick up single coverage for me. I wish all the pre op's luck, and the post op's continued blessings, no matter where you are at!
jennifer A.
on 5/23/03 7:59 pm - Glendale, Az
Michelle~ keep your chin up! My surgery date with Dr. B. is June 9th but I had to go through a year of crap with cigna first. All due to their member services continually giving me wrong information.....I plan on sending in a complaint about the quality of cigna's member services......they are so clueless and are in desperate need of further training regarding their policy. Good luck to you and I'll be sending good wishes your way! Jen
Joey R.
on 5/25/03 2:27 pm - Peoria, AZ
I too am seeing Dr B and was denied. I sent off my appeal letter and received a response back addressed to MR even though my letter said several times that I am a female. I started this process years ago and because it took 9 months to get into see Dr B, the guidelines with Cigna changed again.......Don't give up hope......I am not and either will my attorney! Still waiting for an actual reply to my appeal. GOD BLESS!
Most Active