Hi all, hang in there and please; wish me the best too!

Sondra H.
on 5/25/03 3:37 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I was with Healthnet when I first tried for this surgery. I started In Jan 02, was declined in Feb 02, resubmitted in Mar 02 and then found out I had Unterine Cancer. I underwent a Hysterectomey in April 03, and again resubmitted my request for RNY in Aug 02. I was finally approved in Novemeber but the Surgeon could not schedule me before January. I had submitted a change request to United Healthcare in case Healthnet delclined me again. I thought I was going to have to start all over again but United approved me the 1st time ! I was approved in January and am scheduled for surgery May 28, 2003. For over a year I was looking forward to this! Now as the day approaches I am experiencing Negative feelings and fear. This is something I don't have to do. Why am I putting myself at risk? I know it is for my future Health both physically and emotionally but I am still experiencing fear!
Vicky H A.
on 5/26/03 3:02 am - Maricopa, AZ
Sondra, Fear is a reflex of the mind. I think we all have our doubts when the date comes closer. I know I did. You go through all of the "what ifs" for the negative but forget the "what ifs" if you don't have the surgery. Sit down and map out the pro's and con's for your surgery. I am sure the pro's will out-number the con's. If they don't, which I doubt, then re-think what you are doing. You have a fantastic surgeon with a very good track record. I had his partner do my lap RNY 3/24/03 and things went great. I will pray for you during this time of indecision that you will open your mind to hear what Gods plan for you is and you will open your heart to trust his will. Good luck, I know you will do what is good and comforting to you and your family. Let me know if I can help you. Vicky
Most Active