CIGNA POS members?

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/03 6:20 pm - El Mirage, AZ
Well, CIGNA will have received my certified appeal letter today. God, I'm so anxious I can hardly stand it. I try so hard to not let this be the focus of my life for possibly the next 30 days, but ugh, I want this to happen so badly. My Dr.'s nurse got a letter done up from another Dr at the office, as mine is out until Aug. stating all my weight loss attempts and such. (A bit late, mind you, as I already mailed my appeal letter) but I'll hold on to it) So, you CIGNA POS members..let's hear it....approved after appealing the first time? Still fighting?? Any tips, info?
(deactivated member)
on 5/28/03 10:24 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Michelle, I also have Cigna POS and Dr. Robin Blackstone is my surgeon. I got denied on first appeal by Cigna just last week. I was very discouraged. I had a 5 page letter, detailed accounts of weight loss attempts and several comorbidities, not to mention an additional letter from another Dr. they still denied based on their critieria of the two/6month supervised diets. Between the time I got denied the first time and when I turned in the appeal letter, their criteria was two/12week diets one in the last year. Well I have done plenty of diets supervised and unsupervised, but not one in the last year. So I put everything on hold and did weigh****chers for over 12wks. Well of course their criteria changed right after I did that. It's very frustrating, especially since I have tried every diet out there. Lossing weight isn't the problem, it's keeping it off and losing the substantial amount I need to lose for a healthy life. But I am sure you can relate to this. If you meet their criteria, you should have no problems getting approved the second time. Dr. Blackstone's office did tell me that Cigna has been approving on the second appeal lately. But again, it's just more time awaisting. Keep fighting though, that's what I plan on doing. I am in the process of writing my second appeal letter. Good Luck!
Most Active