Can't seem to get it right !!!

Rachel M.
on 5/29/03 7:49 am - Peoria, AZ
I've tried so many times to lose weight and it works but it comes back and then some. Now that I'm a little older it's even harder. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia and I am seriously overweight and can hardly stand on my feet for more than a few minutes. My back is always spasming and knees and ankles always swelling. My fingerand wrists are beginning to be malformed and swollen with pain always. I think if I got rid of some this weight that I carry around every day it would help me a lot, What do you think?
cindy
on 5/29/03 9:57 am - Mesa, az
I have alot of co-mobilities, and my surgery is August 6th. I think if all I lose is my weight, I would be happy, and know that the surgery is for me. I am 51 years old, and it is a possiblity that I will have my type II diabetes go into remission, my high blood pressure be gone, but the loss of the weight to give my back some relieve, and my ankles and knees. I think you should diffentely look into the surgery, and then you can make a better decision if it is for you.
Debbie W.
on 5/30/03 10:57 am
Hi Rachel, I had some of the same co-morbidities that you wrote about. I had the lap RNY surgery on 2-24-03 and have lost 69 lbs. to date. I cannot believe how much better I am feeling and yet I have a long way to go still. My biggest pains were in my heels and knees and I also used to barely be on my feet for long without needing to sit down. The improvement is phenomenal. I am walking 30 minutes every day and I have so much more energy. I am thrilled that I had the surgery. You'll have to make the decision for yourself, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat! GOOD LUCK!
Most Active