You know you are from Arizona

cindy
on 6/1/03 4:40 pm - Mesa, az
You Know You Are From Arizona When....... 1--You buy salsa by the gallon. 2--You think a red light is merely a suggestion. 3--All of your out-of-state friends start to visit after October but clear out come the end of April. 4-- Most of the restaurants in town have the first name "El" or "Los." 5--You think 60 tons of crushed rock makes a beautiful yard. 6--You notice your car overheating before you drive it. 7--You can say "Hohokam" and people don't think you're laughing funny. 8--You no longer associate bridges (or rivers) with water. 9--You know a swamp cooler is not a happy hour drink. 10--Vehicles with open windows have the right-of-way in the summer. 11--People break out coats when the temperature drops below 70 degrees. 12--You discover, in July, it only takes two fingers to drive your car. 13--The pool can be warmer than you are. 14--You can make sun tea instantly. 15--You run your air conditioner in the middle of winter so you can use your fireplace. 16--You notice the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance. 17--The AC is on your list of best friends. 18--You realize that Valley Fever isn't a disco dance. 19--You can finish a Big Gulp in 10 minutes and go back for seconds. 20--The water from the cold water tap is the same temperature as the hot one. 21--You can correctly pronounce the words: Saguaro, Ocotillo, Tempe, Gila Bend, San Xavier, Canyon de Chelly, Mogollon Rim, Cholla, and Ajo. 22--You experience third degree burns if you touch any metal part of your car. 23--You know better than to get into a car with leather seats if you're wearing shorts.
jennifer A.
on 6/1/03 10:48 pm - Glendale, Az
Hi! That list is hysterical.....here'a a solution to the two fingered driving........oven mitts. My friend keeps a pair in her glove box lol
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/03 3:12 pm - El Mirage, AZ
LOL, that was a hoot!! I'm e-mailing that back to my home state of WI!!!
Sally Jane N.
on 6/3/03 12:45 pm - AZ
Cindy, Being born and raised in this state I can tell you that I have never associated bridges with water................ I thought they were built to jump from one side of a canyon to the other...... I had a huge laugh at that list! Thank you for sharing it with us. Pam
Most Active