Mexico City?

doglover
on 6/4/03 6:53 am - Glendale, Az
Hi there! My husband changed jobs and insurance went from BC/BS to Cigna. So, I was wondering if anyone knows about Gastric Bypass being done in Mexico. Cheaper Costs? I think my PCP could monitor me and handle the other parts of the surgery, but if we could afford the out of pocket, by going out of country, maybe I wouldn't have to jump through all of Cigna's ever changing and difficult hoops. Any ideas?
cindy
on 6/4/03 10:07 am - Mesa, az
LeeAnn, there is a link on ObesityHelp that has information on Mexico. I think the cost for surgery is fairly low, and ther may be a message board to talk to members that have gone to Mexico. I remember reading about a member finding WLS in Arkansas for 6900. I think that information was on the Q&A message board.
Diane55
on 6/10/03 10:48 am - Gilbert, AZ
Glad that you asked, there is a wonderful surgen who just so happens to be practicing in Ensenada. Look under the "south of the border" link his name is Dr Agurrie Wallace also here is his website, www.derivaciongastrica.com/english/index.html Also the hospital that he uses has had a price increase so his current price is $7,500 if you can still get in before the end year then it goes up to $9,000. or $10,000 this includes all your prep work, surgery everything. He has now done about 500 of these surgeries over the last 14 years. Learned bariatic surgery in San Diego where he studied with a top surgen there before moving to Ensenada. Check out the south of the border link you will be amazed at the support system his patients have.
doglover
on 6/16/03 9:11 am - Glendale, Az
Hello Everyone! Just wanted to update you all. I have a surgery date of October 14 in Ensenada with Dr. Aguirre. I am so excited and scared,I don't know whether to laugh or cry. So I do both, alternately! I will keep you all posted.
Most Active