Phychiatric Testing

J M.
on 6/11/03 4:06 pm - AZ
My insurance company (Great West, OneHealth) requires a psych evaluation before they will auth the surgery. I have a list of Dr's on my plan but none that will do the testing. I did find one Dr not on the plan so I would have to pay $350.00 out of pocket. Has anyone had to have this testing? Any sugestions of Dr's in thr PHX area? Thanks Judie
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/03 4:32 pm - El Mirage, AZ
Try Dr. Sharon Ozer. She is at: 4015 S. McClintock, Suite 112, Tempe, 480-775-8811 Ask for a referal to see her, get that number, and then she if she can get you in. Be advised it WILL more than likely cost you out of pocket for the test itself, which with her, was $200.00. CIGNA covered the exam/meeting fee of 25.00. Cigna Behaviorial Health would NOT pay it, but I am trying my luck with submitting it to Cigna MEDICAL, as Dr. Blackstone requires this testing, which in MY eyes, makes it medically necessary. can't hurt to try, and it I'm out 200 bucks, well, I guess so be it...as long as I don't get the big DENIAL, of course!
tina0226
on 6/12/03 4:02 am - Greenwood, IN
I used Dr. Maxwell. She works at St. Lukes with Dr. Zahn and Dr. Juarrez. She charged me $190.00 and if the insurance paid anything beyond that she would give me my money back. However the insurance company paid nothing. She was very nice ... I would recommend her to anyone. Tina
Dana M.
on 6/14/03 11:17 am
Hi, My insurance would not pay for it and I paid $500 to Dr Abbey Garcia. I chose her because she was referred from my surgeon's office and I got in to see her right away so I did not have to keep stretching out the waiting game. It was a lot of money, but I am glad I did it because I had my surgery on 3/31/2003 and I have lost 66 pounds already. It saved my life. Dana Myers in Phoenix
Most Active