Blackstone's Sunday Orientation?

Patti H.
on 6/13/03 1:04 pm - Tucson, AZ
Have any of you gone to Dr. Blackstone's orientation in Scottsdale? If so, do you know if she does them every Sunday, where she holds them and at what time? I'm going to be up there this Sunday and it would be oh-so convenient to go then. Thanks! Patti in Tucson
lemarie22
on 6/13/03 3:25 pm - Glendale, AZ
Patti, I was at the orientation on June 8th. I don't know how frequently she holds them, but I made my reservation on March 26th. She's pretty booked up. They are held at the Women's Center at Scottsdale Hospital. Good Luck, Connie
(deactivated member)
on 6/13/03 3:47 pm - El Mirage, AZ
Patti, sadly, you can't just "show up". You have to call her office and have them get you on the list. These seminars are a huge undertaking, and there will undoubtebly be a roomful of people there. (50 -60 plus people, easily) I myself, had to wait like a month or 2 to get in.
Patti H.
on 6/14/03 8:20 am - Tucson, AZ
I appreciate your input so much. And I'm SO depressed about the length of time it takes to even get into an orientation. How long does it take to get in for surgery????????
(deactivated member)
on 6/14/03 9:02 am - El Mirage, AZ
Well, I'm still in insurance HELL/LIMBO, but I wouldn't imagine getting a surgery date in anything less than 3 months, minimum. Now, I may be wrong, but I know the wait can be something else!
lemarie22
on 6/14/03 12:51 pm - Glendale, AZ
Patti, When I was at the seminar on the 8th, they said they were scheduling surgery for September. Dr. Blackstone also said that she would be bringing in a partner in August and that should reduce the wait times. I imagine that a lot of people are still going to want to wait for Dr. Blackstone, but those who are more anxious may go with her partner. Either way, it should cut the wait time. I've always heard that the trip through PCPs, insurance, evaluation and everything else takes about a year. Hang in there. I just resigned myself to the thought that there was no way I would get this done before next March so I took a deep breth and am going through all the hoops. I did decide not to turn my packet into Dr. Blackstone's office right away. I'm going to include absolutely everything I can get verification for. I'm making a packet for myself, the doctor's office and Cigna. I've gone ahead and gotten or scheduled everything I can think of that they will request like mammograms, pap smears, and colonoscopy (history of colon cancer in my family) and am including all results. I've got letters from people who attended Weigh****chers with me since WW doesn't keep records unless you are a lifetime member. I'm hoping that will cut some of the time that would be spent sending me out for tests and verification. I carry a folder with me ALL the time so I can add anything I think of on the way. Just last night I thought of the skin rashes I get in folds (how embarrassing) and added it to my list. I've even started my appeal letter. Hang in there Patti. Keep yourself busy with message boards and gathering everything you think might be asked for. Document, document, document. By the way, I lived in Tucson for 23 years and believe me, it's much easier being a big girl in Tucson heat than it is being a big girl in Phoenix heat. Connie
Diane (di) Watkins
on 6/25/03 4:14 pm - Chandler, AZ
I went to the June 17th meeting. Dr. Blackstone only confirms what I've been wanting so long. She also gave me a lasting great impression as she humbly checked us all in. She is awesome thus far!! I am so excited. Especially after the seminar. I applaude this open forum.
Most Active