Cigna Circus Update

lemarie22
on 6/13/03 3:46 pm - Glendale, AZ
Because I am ever the skeptic and anal-retentive, I called the Cigna rep for state employees to double check what I learned on June 11th. She verified everything that I wrote on the 11th and said that this has been the Cigna written policy since 02/25/03. She did say that Cigna considers this surgery experimental and you have to have all attempts at weight loss very well documented. She suggested including copies of your PCP notes with the packet that gets sent in instead of expecting Cigna to get them from the doctor. I hope this helps. Connie
Patti H.
on 6/14/03 8:19 am - Tucson, AZ
Connie, you are just a dream. Thank you so much for the info. I can't submit my request for approval until I get a sleep study done, so I'm busy compiling my documentation. Big hug! Patti in Tucson
Donna M.
on 6/18/03 9:41 am - Avondale, AZ
Connie, I also got the same information as you cited in your June 11th post from the State Cigna Rep. I find it amazing that Cigna considers this surgery "experimental" It's been around for literally years. I am waiting for approval from them, the packet won't go probably until next week. In the interim,both my pcp and my pulmonist have said Cigna denies the first time around because of the "cost" ...I'll give them cost alright....I am prepared for the worse (denial) and hopeful for the best (approval). I had gotten a complete copy of my records from Cigna, the ones they will base their decision on. Do you know that since 1995, I have been on their "Dr." supervised diets. Don't know how they are gonna deny me for lack of documentation ....
Patti H.
on 6/18/03 10:01 am - Tucson, AZ
Donna? Did you mean to say that CIGNA has records on you, too? How do we get them?
Diane (di) Watkins
on 6/25/03 4:12 pm - Chandler, AZ
I think this will be my biggest obstacle thus far. I have had a PCP for the last 10 years faithfully talking about my weight loss attempts. Although I just moved here to AZ in the past few years, I am calling my last PCP to transfer records here. I am also going to request that my previous doctor write a letter to Cigna. It can't hurt. I don't have commercial diets to go by, although attempted them all (just about) and hopefully a PCP letter or previous doctor can help clear the path. Next, the Psych evaluation. Anyone know a cheaper Psych doctor for this that is less than 195.00 out of pocket?
Most Active