Take a deep breath . . .

Dana D.
on 6/15/03 8:13 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hard to believe that I received approval from Aetna only 2 weeks after submitting request. The dr's office called to schedule pre-op for the following week, so we'd be completely ready when the time came. The day of my pre-op I found out that my surgery could be only 4 days away if I was available!!! I had to keep pinching myself AND taking deep breaths!! 4 days later, I was thankful that I had been active at my gym, and had been concentrating on aerobics so my breathing in the hospital was A LOT easier than my roommate. The folks at St Lukes were great. The day and evening crews were so kind and helpful. If any of you have your surgery and care there . . . you'll find Melody a sweet and caring nurse. If you go there for your pre-op, you'll find Trini is not only the best at hitting those hard to find veins but that she has been down our road and is 2 or 3 years post-op! Had my surgery 6/2 and am adjusting to not ever being hungry and having my meals dictated by the clock. Can already tell, some subtle changes and am looking forward to the not so subtle ones!
lemarie22
on 6/15/03 10:52 am - Glendale, AZ
Dana, That's awesome! You were so smart to do the aerobics ahead of time. Good planning. Keep up the great work. Connie
Patti H.
on 6/16/03 4:01 am - Tucson, AZ
Dana, that's wonderful. Who is/was your doctor? I won't get to go to St. Luke's. CIGNA HMO doesn't cover it, unfortunately. I hope that I've gotten sufficient documentation together once I get it completed to get approval on the first shot, and quickly, like you did! Congratulations! Patti in Tucson
Most Active