The Verification Vortex

lemarie22
on 6/17/03 2:23 am - Glendale, AZ
I contacted Naturally Women yesterday to try to get verification of the two years that I paid a personal trainer to get this excess baggage off of my butt. This was in 1996 - 1997 so I knew I would have a hard time getting the old info. I talked to a delightful child named Amber who I will sit on and squish like a bug if I come in contact with her so she better pray that I get this surgery soon. I explained to Amber that I needed this documentation and since I'm trying to be open and up front about this, explained that it was for insurance purposes for WLS. MISTAKE! "OHMAGAWD!!!! Don't do that! You just need a good diet and to work out." "Well Amber, I appreciate your concern, but I've been down that road many times and it hasn't worked for me. Could you help me get the info?" "I'm sure it will work this time if you come in and try our weight loss system. I have faith in you. I haven't even met you, but I just know that if you try hard enough and use your willpower, you'll be totally successful." "OK, look, I really just need the verification and like I said, I've tried every diet known to man, including yours. I just need the verification." "Did you know that some foods that we think are healthy really aren't good for us if we want to lose weight. I had a weight problem and my prom dress was snug so I had to stop eating bananas for a while. Did you know that bananas...." "Yes, I know full of carbs and sugar. Very bad. I appreciate your prom issue; you must have been devastated. I really just need the verification, can you look it up in the computer for me?" "OK, I'll try, but I just want you to know that I think you're making a big mistake and taking drastic steps is so unnecessary. You just need to try harder." I never did get the info. Arrrggghhh!
Debbie W.
on 6/17/03 3:09 am
Hi Connie, How frustrating is that! I guess Amber was just trying to be helpful and she surely doesn't understand what morbid obesity is all about. Good luck to you with your approval process and eventual surgery. It is a life changing event and I'm thrilled with the results. I'm not even half way to goal yet, but every day I am noticing some new-found freedom or something that I used to be able to wear and can wear again and things like that. The difference in how I feel now vs before surgery is just unbelievable! I just received my Obesityhelp magazine yesterday and it is terrific! Best wishes! Debbie Wittig
Patti H.
on 6/17/03 5:50 am - Tucson, AZ
Connie, hang on to that post. You could do righteous standup with that material! Bless her stupid little heart. Patti in Tucson
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/03 5:05 pm - El Mirage, AZ
LMAO....omg, that was good...hehehe!! So, you want that I should go with you , and squish this little bug?? j/k
lemarie22
on 6/17/03 6:29 pm - Glendale, AZ
I did get a hold of the club manager today and we had a little chat. It looks like Naturally Women does not hang on to their old records. I said, "So what happens if you get audited by the IRS? How do you prove what income you had coming in from personal training. Mmmmm???? Surely there must be some record of payments somewhere. You're subject to audit up to 7 years." Well, once again, I've won this round of Stump the Health Club Manager. They'll get back to me. Anyone here work for the IRS?
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/03 4:37 pm - El Mirage, AZ
LMAO...Connie...whether you're trying to or not, you crack me (US) up. Seriously tho, I'm glad you have a sense of humor. face it, if we didn't, well, never mind. LOL. I too, had the glory of bearing it all last Dec. for my Pap, etc and they gave me this little tiny "vest" to put on. I looked @ Dan (the nurse) and said "You gotta be ****tin' me"? Well, being like a 42 C..it didn't cover much. When Dr. Shah came in, I said "REALLY, YOU MUST TELL ME WHERE I CAN BUY THESE, they DEF. enhance my cleavage". We def. hit it off from there...! Good luck on your ongoing quest. I would think by NOW they know you are serious and will quit playing these Mickey Mouse games.
Most Active