Yeahhhh!!

lemarie22
on 6/23/03 8:50 am - Glendale, AZ
My new best friend is Becky from Dr. Blackstone's office. She scheduled my consult for July 21st. I really thought it would be August or September. It takes so little to make me happy. Becky did tell me that they had a Cigna rep come in and talk to them a few weeks ago because they were getting conflicting info. The rep says it's definitely two 26 week weight loss attempts. It also doesn't matter which Cigna plan you are under, HMO, POS or PPO, the requirements are all the same. My new best friend Becky also says that you need to have your nutritional consult, psych eval, and letter from your PCP of medical necessity so you may as well start on it as soon as you have a consult date. I've made an appointment with my PCP for Wednesday morning so I can get referrals for a sleep study and nutritionist. My PCP is great about sending out referrals right away, but somewhat lacking in strong letter writing for medical necessity. We're going to work on that.
Donna M.
on 6/23/03 12:03 pm - Avondale, AZ
That's good news...Becky is a darling....I'm confused about the nutritionist and letter from pcp....is this Dr. Blackstone's requirement or Cigna's?
Patti H.
on 6/23/03 12:46 pm - Tucson, AZ
Connie, that's wonderful! I have some questions about your post: 1) What is this "nutritional consult". With whom is it done? Does this have to be done for CIGNA? Or for Blackstone? What is supposed to be done during this consult? Is it "not covered"? 2) Psych eval... same question. What is it? Does it have to be done for CIGNA? Or for Blackstone? I have my appointment with the sleep doctor tomorrow afternoon, and then I'll find out when I can get the actual sleep study. Patti
(deactivated member)
on 6/23/03 1:00 pm - El Mirage, AZ
Now CIGNA needs to EDUCATE the CSR's so that when you call, you are told the RIGHT stuff, because I sure never was told that. Yes, I know at the seminar we were, from Dr. B. I don't dispute that. Well, Connie will tell you about the nutrionists thing, but I KNOW the Psych eval is something that Dr. B requires. As for the Dieting thing...as I said to Connie in an e-mail, dieting, be it with Weigh****chers, whatver, can $add$ up, so what I did was saw a CIGNA dietician who basically put me on a diebectic diet. I have "food log sheets" which I fill out every day also, just to cover my back side. To see her was a $15.00 co-pay and then to have my montly weigh in's cost me nothing as I don't have to see a Dr., only a nurse. It is STILL being "medically supervised". Please do confirm that with YOUR Dr./staff, but that is what I was told over and over again @ Cigna Paseo. They assured me of this. So help me GOD, if they are wrong....LOL. I got my denial crap in the mail today....they said I wasn't undergoing a diet currently, (WRONG!!) AND the dates are wrong....GOD, really, why do I EVEN bother to go through ALL this work??? (and it IS a lot of work to get a case together for yourself!!!) I HATE CIGNA, and quite honestly, at this point, am biding my time until I can pick up BCBS with my new job. (I'll appeal, AGAIN, but I'm NOT holding my breath)
Most Active