Need help - ? for Dr. Zahn's patients

cindy
on 6/27/03 12:02 pm - Mesa, az
I have my surgery on August 6th, at St. Lukes with Dr. Zahn, I am wondering about acouple of things, one- does he have you go on a liquid diet for one day or longer or not at all-two-do you have to have a BM before he will release you from the hospital (sorry)-three- when you do your blood work for pre-op testing, do you have to do a fasting test? How does he handle diabetics. And the last question, if you have not had anything to eat before surgery and you have a late surgery, how do you keep your blood sugars from bottoming out?
tina0226
on 6/28/03 3:07 pm - Greenwood, IN
Cindy: From what I have heard by people at work, yes you are on liquids the day before surgery. Depending on what time of surgery everyone tells me from 11am forward. I also heard that you have to drink a liquid "cleaner outer" so remove everything from your system the day before ... let me tell you how excited I am to hear that. I was also told the morning of you have to wash with a special soap. I hope someone who is on this board who has had surgery will post. Tina
Teresa H.
on 6/29/03 1:26 pm
I had open RNY with Dr. Zahn on 10-15-02 (down 102 lbs). You are on a liquid diet for approx 2 weeks and then on to pureed for another couple of weeks and then on to soft/semi solid food. After 5-6 weeks, you are on normal food. You should ask for an early surgery time and discuss with Dr. Zahn the sugar stuff. I'm sure they will have the solution for you. Good Luck!! Teresa
tina0226
on 6/30/03 2:17 pm - Greenwood, IN
Cindy For some reason this thing will not send a email to you. I wanted to share with you my sugar levels and some other info. Email me so that I may have your address so that I can write you back... Tina [email protected]
Most Active