pacificare-arizona-- anyone out there?

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/03 3:53 pm - El Mirage, AZ
Well, imagine this...I have TWO options for insurance, as of Sept. Either BCBS, or Pacific Care. Looking through the insurance info., it sure looks to me like Pacificare is doing a fine job getting people approved, and quickly. Any opinions out there??? (ANYTHING has to be better than CIGNA!!)
Patti H.
on 7/11/03 1:55 am - Tucson, AZ
My opinion is that you should put me on your policy!
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/03 1:54 pm - El Mirage, AZ
LOL Patti.... I swear, that is the ONLY thing keeping me sane right now, is knowing that (POSSIBLY) have that back up. CIGNA could drive a person to DRINK. I called and left a voicemail for Cigna, insurance guru Cindy @ Dr. Blackstone's and said basically, "which is best"?, She called back, and basically said in not so many words, said stay away from Pacificare. It didn't sound like they and the hospital had a very good working relationship. (Like I need THAT Hell?? I think NOT!) So, I tried to call BCBS... of course it was 3:30 our time, and was luck would have it, yup you guessed it, they are EAST coast. (Prob. share the same building as Cigna..lol) So, I'll try to reach them on Monday. I'm 99% sure I have out of network with them, but I'll re-verify and I also need to check and see that they have they WLS surgery benefit so don't get TOO excited just YET, patti...LOL
tina0226
on 7/12/03 2:52 pm - Greenwood, IN
I would stay away from PacifiCare ... I had them last year. They approved me to see only Dr Juarrez (I wanted Dr. Zahn). Many people at work had PacifiCare and could not get approved, they also would not pay for Dr. Maxwell's psyc. eval. Also my daughter needed some occupational therapy ... they approved her to get a check to see if that was the case then approved an evaluation but would not approve her to get treatment. Good Luck
Kate O.
on 7/21/03 1:23 am - Tucson, AZ
I specifically changed my ins at work to Pacificare because I had heard that they were one of the easiest to get approval from. I had an approval within 24hrs of the paperwork being submitted. No, they don't pay for Dr Maxwell as she is out of plan, so I chose an "in plan" mental health provider & it was no problem. The plan I have is the HMO one & there is no out of pocket expenses for the hospital stay! I have had no problems with them whatsoever! Kate
Most Active