A Arizona Home

cindy
on 7/14/03 2:08 am - Mesa, az
A Arizona Home> Bless this house, oh Lord, we cry. > Please keep it cool in mid-July. > Bless the walls where termites dine, > while ants and roaches march in time. > > Bless our yard where spiders pass > fire ant castles in the sand. > Bless the garage, a home to please > carpenter beetles, ticks and fleas. > > Bless the love bugs, two by two, > the gnats and mosquitoes that feed on you. > Millions of creatures that fly or crawl, > in Arizona, Lord, you've put them all!! > > But this is home, and here we'll stay, > So thank you Lord, for insect spray. > > > HOLD IT............. > There's more.................... > > YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN Arizona IN July WHEN... > > The birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground. > The trees are whistling for the dogs! . > The best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance. > Ho****er now comes out of both taps. > You can make sun tea instantly. > You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron. > The temperature drops below 95 and you feel a little chilly. > You discover that in July it only takes 2 fingers to steer your car. > You discover that you can get sunburned through your car window. > You actually burn your hand opening the car door. > You break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m. > Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up > lying on the pavement and cook to death?" > You realize that asphalt has a liquid state. > > The potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one out and > add butter, salt, and pepper. > Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying > boiled eggs. > The cows are giving evaporated milk. > Ah, what a place to call home. > > > To this we add "Thank you Lord for 365 days in Phoenx, without snow".
Patti H.
on 7/14/03 5:29 am - Tucson, AZ
Great post, Cindy! I was up in Scottsdale on Sunday. As hot as it is in Tucson, we can't hold a candle to what's goin' on up there by you guys! Patti
Dana M.
on 7/18/03 3:03 am
Very good Cindy! I am so happy for you. You are soon to be a great loser! This has been a long journey, but I am sure it will be a successful one. Which hospital will you be at? Keep in touch with me. Dana
Most Active