New to Az

Hallie H.
on 7/24/03 3:56 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi everyone I am new to the Mesa area and I understand there is a support group meeting on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at Valley Lutheran Hospital but I do not know the time. Can anyone help me? Where in the hospital is it located? I am 13 weeks post op and I have lost 57 pounds. I had my surgery at Lankenau Hospital near Philadelphia. I had a wonderful experience and my surgeon was excellent. I had LAP/ RNY. TYIA..............Hallie
Laura K.
on 7/24/03 4:13 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Hallie, I do not know the answer to your question but I would like to welcome you to Az. I live in Gold Canyon, not far from you and if you need someone to talk to in person about anything you may have questions about, feel free to e-mail me and hopefully I can help. I am 61/2 months out and have lost only 78lbs. So you are doing pretty darn great. Bravo!
Patti H.
on 7/25/03 10:55 am - Tucson, AZ
Welcome, Hallie! I'm so envious of you, and the others, who have had their surgery. I'm going to see Dr. Blackstone on Tuesday for my initial patient consult and then my stuff gets sent to CIGNA. God only knows when this will happen. I'm down in Tucson and there seems to be no support group down here. At least you're close enough that you could hit the Phoenix meetings. Stay in touch, okay? Patti in Tucson
Julie S.
on 7/27/03 4:38 am - S. Chicago Heights, IL
Hi, I am also new to the Mesa area! I moved here in April. I would love to go to a support group with you if you'd like. I had an awesome group in Chicago. I met a girl on-line and we went every month. So far I have not anyone in Arizona that wants to attend. I have asked many people. E-mail me and let me know. I will ask my cousin where the hospital is located, he is having his surgery this November. Keep in touch. Julie
Most Active