Hi there, My nam...

Sim W.
on 6/2/06 12:49 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Hi there, My name is Sim White. I live in Vancouver, BC and have been waiting for a couple of years now on Dr. Amson's waitlist for the surgery. Unfortunately,my doctor performed the regular blood tests on me and everything came back very healthy. I never thought I would say too bad because I am medically okay right now but I learned that BC medical will not pay for the surgery unless there are major things wrong with you and even then it has to be very serious. Well last week I could not put my seatbelt on the airplane as it would not fit and when I stood up suddenly as another traveller tried to squeeze by me, my knee popped and I was in major pain. I was off work for several days and now I am walking with a limp as I can't put any weight on my right side. Getting up and down stairs is so painful and putting on socks or taking a shower is a nightmare. I guess this is one of the first of many physical symptoms of being morbidly obese. Well that gave me a wake up call as I am now more determined than ever to get this surgery. I am thinking I don't want to wait years to get it covered my MSP so I am looking at my options to get it done in the states, or any other safe places? I keep hearing various price ranges. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Ps I don't want the lap band Thanks Sim
dogqueen_3
on 6/28/06 11:26 am - Kelowna, Canada
Hi Sim I live in Kelowna BC. I had my RNY done by Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey Mexico. It was a very good experience (as good as surgery can be ) The hospital was state of the art, Dr.s and staff fantastic and the pre and after care we could only dream of having here. The cost of the surgery was $17,800 Canadian and then the airfare and hotel for 7 days. All this can be claimed on your income tax under medical expenses. The surgery is done by lapriscope and recovery is fast. I was out shopping for 5 hrs on the 4th day after surgery. And by the way I am 60yrs old and if I heal that fast just think about a younger person. I have lost 80 lbs in 4 mths Vicki E
Most Active