Hi Everyone, I t...

Sim W.
on 7/31/06 3:48 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Hi Everyone, I thought I would send you a quick email about my visit to see Dr. Menghetti. I could not believe how nervous I was until we met. I only waited 10 minutes and was out of his office in 40 minutes. His assistant will be booking me the appts for the tests to be done first and once those all come back I will meet with again to discuss the next step. So I will need to see a cardiologist, dietician, have blood tests done and a scope and one visit with a psychologist. Once that all gets done and he gets the results he will meet with me to schedule a surgery date if all goes well. He said they are moving to another office very close to where he is now and he hopes that the surgeries will start in the fall, but he did not know exactly when. He said probably in the winter or spring for me as there are about 50-60 people now on the list. He said things will not happen until the equipment and place is ready. Anyway, he said the worse case scenario for a wait time will be a year but he does not think it will take that long. That's about it, like I said earlier the appt was very short. I'm thinking the next time we meet will be where we discuss things in more detail. I'll keep everyone posted. Sim
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/06 11:31 pm - Victoria, Canada
Hello Sim Thank you so much for sharing your initial consult experience that you had with Dr. Meneghetti. From the sounds of it, your experience was good. I appreciate your info about the worse case scenerio...a year sometimes goes by pretty quickly. I have my fingers crossed that the construction moves along smoothly. Hope you have a great week. Janice
Most Active